greetings from the land of the long white cloud

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ftokiwi
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

greetings from the land of the long white cloud

Post by ftokiwi »

greetings all,

my wife has been after an FTO for a while but all the ones we had seen either had no service history, had the ring thrashed off them or were in generally crap condition but the sellers were after a premium for them. we were about to give up when we came across this-

a 94 (older than what i was looking for)GR. FULL service history(including service history ex japan) with 100k's on the clock. every owner this car has had, had it serviced every 10k. seems to be in very good nick. our mechanic was very weary of fto's but after getting it serviced he was well impressed and (touch wood) as long as we keep the servicing up it should last her a while.

Im currently thinking of painting the grill black as it has seen better days or maybe getting new mesh (opinions appreciated)

I will be putting some nice ice in this thing so im sure i'll have loads of questions at some point.

anyway nuff bout me- the car

our son loves it and calls it "mummys jazz car" (jazz from the transformers movie)
he doesnt ride with me anymore :cry: lol

anyways- hi :)
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

WTTC...i like those wheels they suit the car ! :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

hey man good to see another kiwi on here, even though i live here now, WTTC, nice ride im sure your wife will love the car and pretty sure you will 2, have fun this site has heaps of usefull stuff just a pity its mostly fill with aussie's haha jk
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

WTTC, looks like its been well kept like you said. Congratz.
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

I8AFRE wrote:hey man good to see another kiwi on here, even though i live here now, WTTC, nice ride im sure your wife will love the car and pretty sure you will 2, have fun this site has heaps of usefull stuff just a pity its mostly fill with aussie's haha jk
Thanks man- I see there are a couple of kiwis floating around :D
(desperatly fights instinctive urge to stick aussies 8O )

site certainly is a gold mine!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

yeah i try and wind them up as much as possible even when i knw im in the wrong..... just for sh*ts and giggles.

Pay back for all the sheep jokes :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

It isn't a joke it is a lifestyle decision :roll:

Nice car BTW
LED ALL the things.
ftokiwi
Apprentice

Post by ftokiwi »

*gentle retort*

please note the following maybe "sensitive". read on at your own discretion.

an aussie farmer invites his kiwi mate(farmer) and his wife over for a holiday. after dinner the aussie suggests they go for a stroll around the farm while the girls catch up.

its a stunning aussie evening, the two old friends are chatting when they come across a sheep with its head stuck in a fence. before the aussie has a chance to say or do anything the kiwi has dropped his pants- runs over and gives it to the sheep. the poor aussie is sickened and agrees its what is said about kiwis all being sheep shaggers is true.

the kiwi looks back and sees the look on his mates face. somewhat embarresed the kiwi asks his mate if he wants a go. the aussie is about to go parramatta beach on his friend but the kiwi insists its great fun and the aussie shouldnt knock it till he tries it. after a bit of coxing the aussie finally agrees to give it a go- after all, the kiwi did look like he was having the time of his life!

the aussie takes a deep breath..... drops his pants......and sticks his head in the fence.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

As an aussie that grew up in the bush I feel I have to say something...........

That's frickin hilariuos :lol: :lol:
By the way nice car, looks really clean for a 94. WTTC