greetings to all

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

manofwood
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

greetings to all

Post by manofwood »

Hi all, name's nathan. just bought a stock GPvR manual with 28,000k on clock, got a few mods waiting in line- 5zigen A-spec catback with RPW extractors, RPW flowed manifold & throttle body, upgrade clutch when stock one pops, adjustable coilovers-maybe tein (some people dont seem to approve, maybe someone can point me in a better direction?) ecu retune and other little bits and pieces. want to keep weight as low as possible, i prefer agility and response over anything else.
i live near Penrith, returned from townsville earlier this year where every second car is a canary yellow R32 or S13! Very keen to get out into the blue yonder with my pride and joy....
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

WTTC Nathan and well done on getting you GP VR you will love it :twisted: trust me lol
sounds like some great mods going in to will love to see some pice to if you got some 8)
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

hey there WTTC. always good to see that there's new members joining so frequently. :D

yeh pics would be awsome.
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Welcome ...

Your car is famous ... We have talked about it on here... Did you win it on Ebay... Or put in an offer and took it away ...

Looks pretty clean ...
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

yeah, i first saw it on carsales for a while 15g, but couldn't get in touch with him, then i was fumbling around on ebay and there it was, won the bid and picked it up the next day. its better and more than i ever could have imagined. the only thing i regret is that i didnt buy it earlier!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Well you got it for a pretty good price .. I paid almost 14k for mine, which is a stock standard GPX ...

So yeah, I just hope that the K's on it are actually genuine ...
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

WTTC mate, wow them mods will give your car a good boost up :)
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

rock_it wrote:Well you got it for a pretty good price .. I paid almost 14k for mine, which is a stock standard GPX ...

So yeah, I just hope that the K's on it are actually genuine ...
i rang up advan about that, they reckon theres only a handful of people that can actually wind back a digital odo. i thought it was too good to be true as well, but its immaculate, everything works fine with no unwanted bumps and grinds. i'm happy with it!
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

eThix wrote:WTTC mate, wow them mods will give your car a good boost up :)
this is my first 'good' car, and it want it to look, sound and go the part wothout going over the top. 5zigen and rated r group are really helping me out with it, and with what they have available. i cant wait to get the before and after shots!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

The main thing is you are happy with it ... It is good to see another happy FTO driver out there... It is a really nice lookin car ... Wish I had of seen it before I bought mine ... But yeah, you get that... lol ...

I am totally happy with mine also ... A few little things here and there that need to be replaced, but luckily I have a mate that is a mechanic, so he is helping me do it ... Other wise I would have been up for a few thousand for repairs... So with the money saved, I bought the G4 coilovers... So yeah... All is good so far...
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

how are the g4's? i'm contemplating the tein super street set from RPW, but they havent got back to me whether theyre jap or aus spec...
i rang tein wholesale and they didnt even have a listing for fto, so i dont know whats up with that
Wi11iam
Grease Monkey

Post by Wi11iam »

hey welcome i work in penrith

so if you see a silver FTO with black wheels its me :)
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

manofwood wrote:how are the g4's? i'm contemplating the tein super street set from RPW, but they havent got back to me whether theyre jap or aus spec...
i rang tein wholesale and they didnt even have a listing for fto, so i dont know whats up with that
They are pretty good .. I have them on the softest setting, but it is still a pretty hard ride... I have the front just about as high as it can be, and it is still a nice low look ...

The only problem with the G4's is this ...

Be prepared to custom mount your front Sway bar ... There is nothing on them to link it in ... At the moment, I have the bar out, and it was a biatch to get out ... I have a strut brace, so there is not too much of a difference, and hopefully this weekend, I will be able to make up some sort of bracket to connect the sway bar to it ...
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

Wi11iam wrote:hey welcome i work in penrith

so if you see a silver FTO with black wheels its me :)
i've seen 2 silver fto's in the area but couldnt really see the wheels...
hope to see ya round!
FTO99R
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

Hey I know I'm a little late on this forum but I also live around the Penrith area. Looks as though we're getting a nice little collection of FTO's out this way.
FTO99R
Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

By the way never park it near Penrith station, on either side, mine got pretty severely vandalised and I've still got panels that need re-spraying. Wouldnt wish it upon anyone else.
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

thanks for the hot tip! i'm down in minchinbury, but no one knows where that is, so i have to say penrith. there are quite a few dero's out there, huh?
topao
Veteran Mechanic

Post by topao »

manofwood wrote:thanks for the hot tip! i'm down in minchinbury, but no one knows where that is, so i have to say penrith. there are quite a few dero's out there, huh?
Aint that near Mt Druitt
manofwood
Veteran Mechanic

Post by manofwood »

................yes. :cry: