Passenger Side Central Locking Problem!!

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

lol

cable ties are essentialy for everything...obviously u havn't done much work yourself. haha

I have all sizes and lengths...used for everything - last for ages.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

Bennoz wrote: You dont use cable ties much then Borep? :lol: Mate, those thing will be there for life! There's nuthin' ya cant do with cable ties :D
lol, firstly the seat covers from max, went thorugh about 150/200 cable ties doing that lol, i used to work at a computer shop, so cable ties everywhere there (actually being used how they r supposed to... for cables lol)... and as we speak my headlights r held in with cable ties lol.
hmmm.. in fact i'm pretty sure my solution to everything is cable ties lol, anything from holding cables together to tieing ppl up lol :twisted:

nuh i was just a little worried about the edge there being sharp, having driven around for ages without interior panels i keep getting complaint from friends about cutting theirselves on the metal in my car thats all :)
(and if it is sharp, and their's gonig to be movement then it might cut through it eventually)

btw 8O holding your exhaust 8O , well now i know what to use when my engine mounts give out lol
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

:lol: :lol:
alku83
Grease Monkey

Post by alku83 »

BorepYano wrote:
alku83 wrote:here's how I attached mine. God bless the man who invented cable ties!
hmm. safe lol, just my 2c, but u might want to put a bit of plastic or even a bit of cardboard between the cable tie and the sharp edge of the panel. there's going to be movement no matter how tight u do the thign up, and it'll eventually cut the cable tie.

btw won't it work if u just drilled a couple holes in the panel to stick it on?
You can't actually see in the pic, but there's a couple more ties in there holding it in place, so even if one breaks, it still wont be going anywhere.

Besides, whats the worst that's gonna happen? I'll have to manually unlock it for a day or two? 8O

And yes of course it'd work if I drilled a couple holes. But I don't have a drill at the moment, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna go buy one when i have a nearly full packet of cable ties on me!
http://www.aspyre.com.au/
alku83
Grease Monkey

Post by alku83 »

Supplanter wrote:That's exactly how I felt when I did mine. Just wait until you hook your mirrors up to the central locking so they fold in automatically when you arm your alarm :wink:
I got this working today. Door locks that work + mirrors folding in = awesome!
http://www.aspyre.com.au/
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

hey speaking of this, can someone talk me through how to hook up my windows to automatically go up when doors lock?

is that even possible, so do i have to do it with an alarm or someting
Richy
Mechanic

Post by Richy »

hey speaking of this, can someone talk me through how to hook up my windows to automatically go up when doors lock?
good idea...always wanted that...

but one thing, sometimes in summer i would want to leave a gap to let air in....and by doing the auto windows up thing....it would close the windows even if i don't wanna close the windows, wouldn't it??
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

afraid so