ECU upgrades for GPXs

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPXXX
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ECU upgrades for GPXs

Post by GPXXX »

I remember someone here upgraded their ECU to a Unichip or something, but i can't remember exactly who it was... anyway who has an upgraded ECU (Mines/Unichip/Powerchip etc) and how well do they work?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

hmmm I guess u looking 4 me then!!! Well the chips is out cause i did few other things, & haven't had time 2 put it back in yet! So I can't really tell u the different until i install it again! & thats going 2 be a while cause the booking 4 Unichip installation is at least 3wks away, & also i need 2 clean out all the fuel in the fuel system, as i was running 110ron fuel in there, so if i put the Unichip in it, is not going 2 be happy once i'm back with 98ron.

Ok i can c some of u going 2 ask me how the F*&k i get 110 ron fuel, well my mechanic got 130ron additive, $800 per 20L (anyone interested???)so we just put a little bit of it into my fuel tank 2 get 110ron & boy my car going 2 be so slow when its back 2 98ron now!! :?

Anyway if u put over 110ron, it with melt the spark plugs. We try it on some other cars already so we know! hehehehehe Unless u running full race gear!

Like i said on the other post, which is lost now, I think u should do that last!
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

The powerchip is not worth it for what it offers.

The mines ECU is just damn expensive at $1837! With that price you can get a microtech or 3D wolf which is programmable!!

I would go for the unichip if you are on a small budget.

The next range is the microtech or 3D wolf.

For the best option a motec (if you can afford it!)
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

alright, supposedly i can afford up to $1500-$2000 for ECU upgrade - regardless of which model i use, what sort of performance increase can i expect? at the moment i only have a 2.5" exhaust & pod filter (GPX manual)
kaveman
Grease Monkey

ecu

Post by kaveman »

hi guys

i have a perfect power piggy back and pick up about an extra 8kw at the wheels

got from avo in melbourne

$1200 fitted and dyno tuned

even got a cable so i can tune myself (extra $20)

can tune timing/fuel all the thing you can with a complete programable ecu

won't work for mivec as you have no air flow meter

i have a GR