Stereo Surrounds

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Lets start another thread - a competition. Post up pictures of how bad your console is :D Worst in, first serverd?
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

*goes makes centre console + floor console look worse*
i think that idea would work though...worse ones get first ? seems fair...anyone elses thoughts ?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Mine is cracked into two pieces at the moment with some other smaller hairline cracks, but I want mine for a future mod so I can wait for the second batch Dwayne if that helps.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Everything helps. Really appreciate everyone being so patient with this though. I know I couldnt have done anything to stop this, but still cant help feeling a bit guilty.

Happy to dole them out in whatever order everyone is happy with. Just dont want it to end in tears.
Also Dwayne .. will this be opened up to new people who need a new centre console as well? Seems it might be worthwhile getting Mitsi to run off a bulk amount of these things?
I was going to pick up 2 extras of the centre console and an extra floor console, but putting a message to Mitsubishi to get a few extras made is definitely worth doing.
If so, I might trawl the forums & send PM's out to anyone who has posted that they need one so they can check out this thread..
I think thats a great idea. This bit is the one that by far the most people ask for. If you could do a bit of trawling, that would be fantastic. Unfortunately, im a little pressed atm, or id do it myself.

Numbers well get in the first batch I think:
6 stereo surrounds
4 Floor consoles
7 Stickers (plenty)
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    pimped
    Grease Monkey

Post by pimped »

dstocks wrote:Hey people, have a piece of mixed news re the group buy. Apparently we have just officially cleared out Japan of stereo surrounds and floor consoles. What does this mean. Well this means we get all the ones they have and the rest go on back order. Best I can do is bring them over in 2 lots. The first order will come over in about a week I think and the other is going to take a month (while they make them for us). Ive been racking my brain for the last 24 hrs about how to do this fairly and the best I can come up with is to do it in the order that people paid for the parts. Im happy to discuss any other suggestions people might have. Needless to say, a couple of each were spares I was buying and ill happily defer those to the second batch.
    damn, that sucks.

I reckon the most fair way would be the order in which people paid. Obviously the people that wanted it badly would have paid asap and those that weren't in a hurry would have taken their time with payment.
    mr-charisma
    Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

I agree that its probably best to go to the first who paid & if it comes down to it I can wait until the second batch .. but if anyone isn't desperate for one & doesn't mind deferring one of the floor consoles on to me it'd be much appreciated :) .. I'm not going to be able to put some parts of my dash & interior back into my car until I get a new one.. :S

Sob story time; :P lol

I only found out the day after the group buy that my floor console got smashed.. (not my fault btw :P, to make a long story short, I had it on the back porch with some other pieces of the interior, my bro moved it to the loungeroom in case it got rained on & dad tripped over it)
    The result; Floor Cons part in 5 big pieces & about 13+ other little fragments broken off :(

Have tried gluing it back together, but not really having much luck :S .. :roll:
    maggsy
    Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

haha i find that story slightly amusing.

it was brought inside to avoid damage only to be broken beyond recognition.

oh the irony :lol:
    "How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Would it not be better to put the people who first said they wanted it ... First in best dressed kind of thing...

As for how quickly people paid, Well, not really a fan on that one... some people don't check the forums as often as others, or wait for pay day before they purchase.. (I hope I paid straight away :? )
    harry90
    Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

Numbers well get in the first batch I think:
    6 stereo surrounds
    4 Floor consoles
    7 Stickers (plenty)
    so who would make the first batch (depending on payment order) ?
    [url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
    Richy
    Mechanic

Post by Richy »

why dont we just put our names down as per 1st or 2nd batch..
    I dont mind waiting for the later batch as i m not in rush (only bought them for later CF dipping)

1st batch...

2nd batch...
    1. Richy
    harry90
    Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

1st batch...
    1.Harry90 (if possible centre console and floor console)

2nd batch...
    1. Richy
    rock_it
    Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

harry90 wrote:1st batch...
    2.Rock_it

2nd batch...
    1. Richy
    Only cause my stereo surround is held together with electrical tape (it has snapped in half) and the crack on the floor console has grown, and has also split the clip part where the stereo surround clips into it ...
    pimped
    Grease Monkey

Post by pimped »

1st batch...
    2.Rock_it
    3.Pimped

2nd batch...
    1. Richy
    ozzy12
    Apprentice

Post by ozzy12 »

1st batch...
    2.Rock_it
    3.Pimped
    4.ozzy12

2nd batch...
    1. Richy

If possible i pretty much only have about 1/3 of mine left..
    FTO99R
    Grease Monkey

Post by FTO99R »

ozzy12 wrote:1st batch...
    2.Rock_it
    3.Pimped
    4.ozzy12
    5.FTO99R

2nd batch...
    1. Richy

If possible i pretty much only have about 1/3 of mine left..
    I think this is easily the least fair way, especially since I agree with Rock_it's point that not everyone can check the forums everyday. Having said that I'l put my name down just in case
    harry90
    Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

i think this is easily the least fair way, especially since I agree with Rock_it's point that not everyone can check the forums everyday. Having said that I'l put my name down just in case
    i would have to say i agree...but also you could argue the same thing about people who paid a little later than others, that they do not browse the forums every few hours/days because they dont have time/other commitments.
    aza013
    NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I was one of the first to pay, but as I said on the other page I am happy to hang out for the 2nd set to come in :D
    if you all want to fight over who gets what it should be left to Ben and dstocks with Bens hat and all the names in it.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Have to say that unless there is agreement, thats about the only option. Last thing we want is this to get nasty.

The dial faces took 6 weeks to get to us, and this may be about the same (but hopefully less). Happy to go with a concensus, but if agreement cannot be reached then a decision will have to be handed down. At this stage im waiting for confirmation of shipment. The decision does not have to be made yet, so theres time to sort it all out.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      FTOnick
      Grease Monkey

Post by FTOnick »

1st batch...
      2.Rock_it
      3.Pimped
      4.ozzy12
      5.FTO99R
      6. FTONick (floor console.. if possible)

2nd batch...
      1. Richy
      mr-charisma
      Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

Okay, some delays with finishing off sound deadening my interior.. Have to wait for another lot of Dynamat to be sent out before I can move all my interior parts back into the car, so put me down for the second group

1st batch...
      2.Rock_it
      3.Pimped
      4.ozzy12
      5.FTO99R
      6. FTONick (floor console.. if possible)

2nd batch...
      1. Richy
      2. Mr-Charisma
      Last edited by mr-charisma on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.