Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

So you want a hairdryer on your FTO? Or do you already have a hairdryer in it? This is the section for it. All other big power projects & forced induction goes here too.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

maddenitrous
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Bennoz 6A13 Conversion

Post by maddenitrous »

Thanks Ben that would be great
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Colour-coded heatshrink... do you have OCD?
LED ALL the things.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Supplanter wrote:Colour-coded heatshrink... do you have OCD?
lol
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Badly :oops:

I even have to arrange my wallet, keys & phone to be square to the edge of a table when I sit down...
phunkydude
Veteran Mechanic

Post by phunkydude »

That's what i always noticed on your kitchen counter top. And your study/PC room is ridiculously tidy.

Was wondering how can an old bloke with that mustache who drinks a lot, can be so neat & tidy. OCD it is!!! :lol:

Ohh, i have it myself. :oops:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

I am one of those guys who thinks he has but in actual I am just a messy lazy bastard.

Sorry for the spam.

Ben did you get the money??
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

phunkydude wrote:Ohh, i have it myself. :oops:
Yeah... I saw how long your 'morning routine' took before you were ready to face the day :lol:
I8A4RE wrote:Ben did you get the money??
Yep ;)

Went to bolt the rear manifold on yesterday, only to find that the heat had warped the sh*t out it & that it was bent like a banana across the head mating surface :roll:

So, off to the workshop, had to put it in the 10 tonne press to get it anywhere near flat, then an hour on the belt sander to even it up.

The laser cut mild steel face of the manifold has a very different expansion & contraction rate to that of the welded stove pipe that the rest of the manifold is consisted of.
To combat, I cut 2 x 1mm slots in the face as thermal expansion gaps, to make sure this doesn't happen again.

AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Supplanter wrote:Colour-coded heatshrink... do you have OCD?
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order, like they should be.

Ben, what are the chances & what is involved in you opening up my engine to have a look and see if the internals have been touched? Is it a day job on the front lawn?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

AJ wrote:Ben, what are the chances & what is involved in you opening up my engine to have a look and see if the internals have been touched? Is it a day job on the front lawn?
Nasty mate. To find that out, you'd have to pull the motor & strip it down. Aka, you'll never know till you blow it up next.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

RichardB wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Looky what I just found

$25 from the US plus postage. Its for a GTO, but Im pretty sure it'll fit. It it doesn't them I reckon it could be modified to fit... and at the end of the day, if it is useless, then I've only wasted 30 odd bucks. I spill more than that on a night out! :cheers:

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewI ... oduct=1164
That doesnt fit, I tried it, but I did use the fuel rail connectors to make my own with a bit of -6 fuel pipe

You mighta got a bung kit Rich, mine bolted straight up. Doesn't leak a drip.

Will ship out the other kits tomorrow, Simon & Val. Flick me your postal addresses too please!
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Cheers mate. Done.
RichardB
Grease Monkey

Post by RichardB »

Bennoz wrote:
RichardB wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Looky what I just found

$25 from the US plus postage. Its for a GTO, but Im pretty sure it'll fit. It it doesn't them I reckon it could be modified to fit... and at the end of the day, if it is useless, then I've only wasted 30 odd bucks. I spill more than that on a night out! :cheers:

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewI ... oduct=1164
That doesnt fit, I tried it, but I did use the fuel rail connectors to make my own with a bit of -6 fuel pipe

You mighta got a bung kit Rich, mine bolted straight up. Doesn't leak a drip.

Will ship out the other kits tomorrow, Simon & Val. Flick me your postal addresses too please!
ah Im using larger injectors that require 2 of the black spacers in the fuel rail.
The World's fastest FTO - sub 9's checkout www.mitsubishi-fto.net to see the latest time.

Sponsored by : NR Autosport, RB Performance, PPG Gearboxes, IPG Parts, S1 Chiropractic
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

It lives once more 8)

New 525cc High Imp injectors, the larger fuel rail adaptor, 24 brand new lifters, a heavy duty clutch release bearing, replaced rear turbo that had a blown seal & redone all the wiring.
Also fixed a bunch of other niggling things like a small power steering leak, small exhaust leak, flushed the cooked clutch fluid, relocated an air con line that was rubbing on the rear turbo & also put in a new heat sheild on that turbo. The timing belt was also 'squeaking' so used some baby powder to dry lubricate it which worked a treat. Just a shame it took my finger tip off the first time I attempted to lube it at xmas :x

Had to pull 30% base line fuel out from across the map just to get her started with the big injectors :lol:

It did however overheat after a while on idle (fans did come on) so I think I might have a seized up thermostat that I'll have to swap out before heading back to the dyno.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

that sound so lumpy is that becuase of the cams adjusted man
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

That's some mad work you've done there.

Can I bring mine over for you to have a look at 1 day soon please?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Hey Ben did you get those fuel rails sent yet mate?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:Hey Ben did you get those fuel rails sent yet mate?
I did mate, they left mid last week. The theory is that they'll be there soon, but they did tell me the postal service had a bit of a backlog due to the floods. Let me know if it doesn't turn up in a few days.
AJ wrote:That's some mad work you've done there.

Can I bring mine over for you to have a look at 1 day soon please?
For sure. Will probably have a mini DIY day soon. What do you need doing?
nvr2low wrote:that sound so lumpy is that becuase of the cams adjusted man
Nah, was running a bit rough cause all the extra fuel fouled a few of the plugs before I adjusted the map. Took her for a hot lap & it cleared that up.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Hay Ben would this air box work for your setup?
I know it's a porsche box setup but may work :?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/07-Porsche-997-T ... 2a050be514
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

1,500!!!

Make up a mock one and I will do a CF copy of it for $300..
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:lol:
I should have added "as an idea for your air box" not to get that one as yep it's over priced big time.