Leather seats query

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

kazbah
National Secretary
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by kazbah »

sunraider wrote:Anyone from Sydney wanna get together and put the covers on together?? I could do with a shitload of help!
I'm going to try to arrange just that when the covers come in. Stay tuned and hopefully we can beg, steal, or borrow someone who has already put them on to give us some pointers on the day...

Cheers
Karen
Teh Ban Queen!
wild_flower
Grease Monkey

Post by wild_flower »

:idea: :idea:
hey there,
i'm from sydney too, me and kazbah was interested in doing the same thing too...
ie/ get sydney members to meet up, work on it together like a workshopplus chip in like $10 each for a bbq and drinks along the way, :wink: , the help would be a huge bonus and having someone to chat with will certainly make the 8 hours of labour more bearable... :? (hopefully)
neva noe might also do a little crusie after and show off tthe fruits of our labour 8)
i dont mind organising the foods and drink
abbie
The Wild Flower from the west...
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

i bet its gona be on the weekends

bummer i work on weekends :(
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I have a good news, and not so good news.
The good news is that production of seat covers is finishing this Saturday. I will send the rest of the money tomorrow. As usual, money transfer will take about a week. Then, probably we need to give couple of days to the contact to check the quality, and organize the transport, etc…. So we are looking at mid June.

I have given an estimate of 3 weeks for the shipping.

Now the not so good news is that, I will be of to Turkey for a holiday between 17 June and 19 July. If the contact ships the seat covers in mid June, they will arrive while I am still out for holiday, no good!

Here is what I think we should do. I will give my contact a go for shipment at the beginning of July, and it arrives just after the 20th July, when I would have been back to Melbourne.

This way we are only experiencing two weeks delay due to me going for a holiday.

Sorry guys, I organized this holiday way before I started to organize the group buy, I thought there was enough time before I go, which was more than 10 weeks, and it is difficult to change the dates now.

Please advice what you think?

Sorry for any inconvenience.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

I'm ok with it Max, just have a good holiday.

Alternatively, is there another member in Vic who is willing to take delivery of the covers and maybe forward them on where necessary. I know this would mean Max and the other person having to meet up and organise this, and it may be a bit of a hassel, but its just a suggestion...

If it doesnt eventuate, thats ok too, I'll wait......

Have a great time Max, wish it were me :mrgreen:
Teh Ban Queen!
alku83
Grease Monkey

Post by alku83 »

Please dont feel bad about having booked yourself a holiday Max. We all greatly appreciate the effort you have put in, and I for one am perfectly happy to wait. It would be unfair of anyone to complain unless they stuck their hands up and offered to do the work you have been doing.

I guess if you know a fellow FTO member near you, you could have the seats shipped to him/her if they were happy to do so? Although there would be work involved for them organising shipping, checking seats etc. I dont mind though, I've broken my arm so I wont be installing my seats till at least August!
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

How dare you :twisted: !!!!! Don't you realise that the club is more important than your real life!!??!

Just kidding. Would be good if they could get sent to someone else to distribute, but if that cannot work out, then so be it!

Have fun!
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

anyone know any qantas baggage handlers.

maybe we could get them to take delivery and organise to make a bit of extra cash at the same time.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

dannyboyau wrote:anyone know any qantas baggage handlers.

maybe we could get them to take delivery and organise to make a bit of extra cash at the same time.
LOL, quite topical that!!! :P :P
Teh Ban Queen!
astroboi
Apprentice

go have fun!

Post by astroboi »

I am prefectly fine to wait an extra week or two...
however i am not such a supporter of passing the seat covers through too many hands...due to increase chance of damaging them through transport, and also more chance of the covers going "missing"....

i think its safer and probably easier to all parties if we just wait an extra week...

what do everyone else thinks...? so far everyone else thinks its ok to wait, so i think we prob go with that idea..

in the meantime, matey u go and have fun on your holiday and done worry about a thing...Thanks..
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

might sell my car before seats arrive...

if i do sell my car
would anyone like to buy the seat cover from me?

i ordered white/white stitching

but if i havent sold the car yet then i will put the covers on and sell the car
dimi
Mechanic

Seat covers for me

Post by dimi »

any chance of getting my hot little hands on a set of these seats, id take black with blue or white stiching, but nything is fine

Laterz
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Just had a look at the pms I received about postage/address details, it seems that below fellow forum members haven’t replied yet.
Please advice your contact details.

Luca
payaya
pagan
dannyboyau
sunraider
ftosteven
wild_flower
Condition0
d_story_r
fto338
Last edited by mxysxy on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Sorry mate, i thought since you been to my place, you know the address. I send you via PM :oops:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

FTO338 wrote:Sorry mate, i thought since you been to my place, you know the address. I send you via PM :oops:
You OK, I didnt really look at the names.
Melb fellows can pick up from me, or we do a mini seat cover meet one night.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Guys,

I am of to Turkey tomorrow for a month.

I emailed the contact in Manila and she will send the seat covers with 2 weeks delay, after doing the quality check. They should arrive to Melbourne around the 3rd week of July.

I am hoping that I will have a chance to check the forum every few days.

If you need me, you can email me at mungun@trading-post.com.au

Will post pics soon.

Regards
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Have a great one Max and thanks for everything :wink: :wink:
Teh Ban Queen!
astroboi
Apprentice

seat covers

Post by astroboi »

any updates on these seat covers...?

cannot wait till get them to fit on my car...lol..
:lol:
poster
Grease Monkey

i want one!

Post by poster »

hey guys...i will buy one as well..but im in Melbourne...is it posibble..?

may i please get a black with blue stitch

if its too late to make my order..then is ok...i will just be crying..

PS> just a idea, i think should be a update on every page about the price and all the different colur. that makes easy for buyers..

thanks
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hey guys, this post has been going for a while, and you will be too late.

the price was placed on a number of pages, and its probably hard to follow now but the orders were placed a number of weeks ago. so you would either A) have to place another order possibly yourself, or B) hope someone drops out or doesnt want the covers they have ordered.