LSD

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G1
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by G1 »

im thinking i need the money for other things right now... but its so tempting to put one on... a friend of a friend had one in his workshop, so special price :mrgreen:
Hez
Grease Monkey

Post by Hez »

go for it and tell us how u go! :lol:
u know u want to.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

haha... yeah but i gotta get my car serviced etc this month and getting dials etc... budgets a bit tight...

if someone is REALLY keen on getting an LSD I would let them try it hehe
elmo
Grease Monkey

LSD

Post by elmo »

LSD transfers the power to the wheel with most grip during cornering, usually the inside one. Sort of like a mechanical traction control. It allows the power to the wheel to slip.

I think you can tell your type of diff by putting the car on a hoist or stands.
With the car in neutral turn one wheel by hand and see which direction the other one turns. If it go opposite it is standard diff, doesn't move is LSD and same direction is locked????? :?: :?:
Have seen the mechs run the car on the hoist in gear and stop one wheel by hand to see if the power transfers to the other wheel.

BTW If you have an LSD and you spin the wheels, both should spin. If you are on Bitumen and one stops the clutches will burn out very fast and it will drive like a standard diff. Lsd is made for cornering and getting the power down. Locker diff is better ofr straight line and burnouts (and 4wd off road).
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

unfortunately i need some money for this month so ive bailed on the LSD idea... if anyone wants to buy the LSD check for more details in my post in Parts For Sale. I also have real carbon fibre centre console surrounds includes both top and bottom bit.
G1
Mechanic

Post by G1 »

For next 2 weeks my offer is $1300 for the Cusco LSD

check parts for sale please