Insurance?

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by I8A4RE »

harry90 wrote:how can i confront just car insurance then ? is there anything i can do since others are getting cheaper premiums ?
Just ring them and say, im part of a car club and all the other FTO members are paying way less than I am, why is the case. Remember it also depends on where you live, if your post code is a high theft area they will charge way more
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

I8A4RE wrote:Well about 5-7 post's up, i posted that im currently paying around $835, but im over 25 but have been done for drink driving
do you have low premium high excess option ? cos i dont understand how your premium couls be that much lower than mine.... (keep in mind im not listed as a driver)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

The only way you'd get any benefit from 'being in a club' would be if we became a financial entity - which we are not (but plan to be at a later date.)
mitcheo
Apprentice

Post by mitcheo »

Bennoz wrote:The only way you'd get any benefit from 'being in a club' would be if we became a financial entity - which we are not (but plan to be at a later date.)
What does that mean?

like paying a yearly membership?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:The only way you'd get any benefit from 'being in a club' would be if we became a financial entity - which we are not (but plan to be at a later date.)
IM not saying casue he's part of a club he should get a discount. Just saying that cause he his he can see what the fto market is paying for insurance and to question why he isnt getting the same price :roll: :lol:
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I8A4RE wrote:
IM not saying casue he's part of a club he should get a discount. Just saying that cause he his he can see what the fto market is paying for insurance and to question why he isnt getting the same price :roll: :lol:
Ahh, so you're telling him to bullshit his insurance company on a public forum... gotcha :money: :lol:
harry90
Oldtimer

Post by harry90 »

i think i just figured out why the premium is this high...it is only my first year with just car and dont have any other cars with them (so no discount)...i expect the premiums to decrease every year (that is if no claims are made).
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1071/avatarxj1.jpg[/img][/url]
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

hey guys my insurance is only 1400 full comp and i am 19 i am with just car. This is the second year with them and the first year was 1800 and i am the only nominated driver
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

nvr2low wrote:hey guys my insurance is only 1400 full comp and i am 19 i am with just car. This is the second year with them and the first year was 1800 and i am the only nominated driver
that will go down every year same as your agreed value :evil:
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

aza013 wrote:
nvr2low wrote: hey guys my insurance is only 1400 full comp and i am 19 i am with just car. This is the second year with them and the first year was 1800 and i am the only nominated driver

that will go down every year same as your agreed value
Aaand, aren't you from NT? So you can't really compare to sydney, the metrics they use for theft and crashes and stuff would have to be completely different.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

nicholas wrote:
aza013 wrote:
nvr2low wrote: hey guys my insurance is only 1400 full comp and i am 19 i am with just car. This is the second year with them and the first year was 1800 and i am the only nominated driver

that will go down every year same as your agreed value
Aaand, aren't you from NT? So you can't really compare to sydney, the metrics they use for theft and crashes and stuff would have to be completely different.
agreed