NEWBIE here

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

manofwood
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by manofwood »

its like karate except with a really sharp sword, a katana i think
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

manofwood wrote:its like karate except with a really sharp sword, a katana i think
Actually Bushido mean "The way of Samurai", its bascially mean loyalty and honour with the pratice of martial art.

Don't get it confuse with Aikido, or Kempo, which follow similar code, except its more about martial art then the way of life.

And a bit more info on their Katana, Samurai usually carry a Wakizashi and a Katana, but when they are in a pair its called Daishio. :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

true true manofwood. Very right.

If all else fails, use wikipedia!!

haha
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

So Bushido, did you end up study any form of martial art that follow that code?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
bushido
Oldtimer

Post by bushido »

regretablly no i havent..but i am quite fluent in speaking jap. Would love to chuck a heap of money into buying a katana, wakazahi and tanto set, although customs would not be pleased.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

You can actually still get them but you need a licence and a lock up cabinet that bolt to the ground for them.

I use to have heaps, but i don't practice anymore so i don't have a valid licence.

The good thing back then was, i was legally able to carry most weapons in my car, as long as i'm going to and back from training. And there was classes from 8am to 11pm LOL.

The other option is to join a special "collectable" club
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

welcome to the white version R club. I know you'll love it.

Respect for our Japanese abilities, agreed I love them for giving us the FTO too :lol:

On the wheel front I've got Enkie RP03's on mine that I got from UAS but I think I may have payed a little too much for them.