EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST AUTOSALON SEASON 2007

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

khunjeng
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by khunjeng »

tarkus wrote:Joel what are you on?

I thought this was a thread for AUTO SALON, I would like to know the cost of entering?

maybe I am wrong and this is a thread about flying to the moon,

Tarkus
who knows...all this talk of AWD FTOs makes me sleeply.

As per Tonis origional request who is in?

The cost will roughly be $150...so anticipate that. The cost could be lower but this club is FREE and we have no members funds to use.

We might need to purchase other things for the stand and organise things like uniforms etc.

We have only full-time working people in the core crew. If your worried abut $200 then dont waste our time.

So who is in,

KhunJeng - black prefacelift stock
sxcfto - red facelift
Silverfish - silver prefacelift stock
Tarkus - green prefacelift stock
mxysxy - custom silver, DC kit, no spoiler
Nacho? - red, VS kit

I would like to get a few more people involved like : M3NG (white) to add to the full color display.

Might also make for a good NSW/Vic weekend. Maybe we should ask some NSW boys if they want to drive down for the week/weekend and enter?

WHo else is there? any tassy people? I think there was one or two.

REMEMBER. Its a club stand to promote FTOA. Its not for us to show off custom kits etc...thats for other wankers.

Its for fun....photos and more fun.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Ok costs for entering autosalon ........

Entry fee is usually $100 per person for club entry this accounts for your car space, entry for the 2 days , autosalon T shirt, lanyard etc...

usually if you pay early enough you also get a buddy pass for the weekend which will get you in another person.

Accommodation costs should you not have someone to bring you in and out for the days that you are there as your car is locked in for the entire weekend. This ranges depending on what accommodation you choose?

Money for food and drinks also ranges to your requirements....

Chipping in for the costs of the stand this can be minimal depending on stand reuirements and club participation a theme would need to be decided first?

A full tank of fuel this is a must before entry into the building for safety reasons. They will not let you in if you dont have a full tank of fuel.

If there is anything else in the mean time I will let you know.

cheers Toni
tarkus
Mechanic

Post by tarkus »

OK I am in.

lets talk about the theme on the pizza night - monday 22nd Jan 2007.

When do we need to get the numbers finalised for and is there a minimum number for the "stand"?

I have never been before so I am not sure what sort of theme is suitable,

Tarkus

I can certainly help with any construction needed,
Money can't buy happiness, but it can help you look for it quicker, in a convertible.
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

This might sound a bit retarded but my fuel gauge doesn't work and I really can't be f*cked fixing it either. I usually go by my odometer and fill up near the 500km mark. Will that hold up in court? :oops:
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Nacho wrote:This might sound a bit retarded but my fuel gauge doesn't work and I really can't be f*cked fixing it either. I usually go by my odometer and fill up near the 500km mark. Will that hold up in court? :oops:
yes it is retarded.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I would like to confirm that there is no needs to be worried about your cars condition etc. All u need to do is polish it up or even just have it clean...it will be cool.

Its the stand & presentation that will make the difference and hopefully get an award.

Chris.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Yes what Chris is saying is correct ... although it is great to have a great range of modified cars in your stand ... we are not going to be judged on an individual basis , we will be judged as a club and judging starts the minute we walk through the door from how we work as a team to set up to audiance participation and the effort we put into the stand, presentation, club orientation all that sort of thing is what gets judged.
So as long as your car is clean and tidy it really doesnt need that much more ... and its amazing how shiny your car looks under all those lights even with as many scratches as mine has ....

so clean cars... good attitudes.... and great club stand and who knows ... bring on the awards .... :wink:
Nacho
Oldtimer

Post by Nacho »

khunjeng wrote:
Nacho wrote:This might sound a bit retarded but my fuel gauge doesn't work and I really can't be f*cked fixing it either. I usually go by my odometer and fill up near the 500km mark. Will that hold up in court? :oops:
yes it is retarded.
I know it was retarded :lol: but I'm actually serious about this question. Anyone got any feedback on this one?
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

If you serious about your problem, then please post it at the right section, eg. "FTO HELP" :wink:
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

FTO338 wrote:If you serious about your problem, then please post it at the right section, eg. "FTO HELP" :wink:
I think in a round about way he means can he still get in. The answer is maybe depending on if they believe you or not.

But I would advise getting it fixed, there is a long time until thew show. Worst case is I whip out your cluster and fix the fuel guage to full. Will take me 5mins.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

so how many cars do we need to qualify as a group?
are we a realistic chance of getting the number we need?
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

S1LVERFISH wrote:so how many cars do we need to qualify as a group?
are we a realistic chance of getting the number we need?
we can enter as many as we like. We have a good number already just need a few more in the mix and get us to 10.
sxcfto
Mechanic

Post by sxcfto »

Yes we should be fine getting entry as it is a minimum of 6 cars for a club....
We can discuss it at the pizza night on monday so anyone interested in doing autosalon if you can try and make the meet on monday it would be great then we can get a head start on it all ....
:wink:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

yeah. payments will need to be made in advance to pay for the stand and ensure an ok spot. then work begins.
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

here's an idea for the theme... since the FTO isn't the quickest
car on the road but we all love it for the style... let's go for
a theme that has a bit of style...

was thinking Movie Premierre / Roll Out The Red Carpet ?
[url=http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13989][img]http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8793/ftoclick6gx5.png[/img][/url]
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

S1LVERFISH wrote:here's an idea for the theme... since the FTO isn't the quickest
car on the road but we all love it for the style... let's go for
a theme that has a bit of style...

was thinking Movie Premierre / Roll Out The Red Carpet ?
thats great. And thats the type of thing we are looking for.

Between the 6-7 core memebrs we have a lot to offer and I'm sure we can put together a fantastic stand.

Lets talk about it more on Monday...organise some more details/payments and we can get started.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

so everyone come to the PIzza Night Monday......
SILVERFISH
VIC Coordinator

Post by SILVERFISH »

S1LVERFISH wrote:was thinking Movie Premierre / Roll Out The Red Carpet ?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

our options are endless...it all comes down to funds. If your prepared to put in more money as a group u can do whatever u like.

Toni has done this like 100 times...she is gonna be a great asset when it comes to planning.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Maybe we can also get some mentoring from Brendan (DZYRME)?
LED ALL the things.