Phones

Anything off topic that you want to share with the group. (warning this board may include coarse language)

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

shadowarrior
Tightarse
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Phones

Post by shadowarrior »

Wow you are still on about this?
So Mr App Developer Maestro, next time you create an app for the ios, well you can create one right now, let the app collect data from the phone's contacts or calendar. Check if the app pops up the access permission dialogue or not. Guess what, it doesn't :)
Heard of an app called Path for the ios? Maybe not, all the work load of developing apps for a large global digital agency must have taken your share of time to understand subjects to the core.

Oh, and maybe if you are developing apps for the Android anytime soon, please don't delay your scheduled tasks till Android 5 (the next Android version is 4.4 btw, 5 is a long way off :P). Google the term App Ops, something which is available in Android 4.3 :)

You are digging yourself deeper into this mate, give up. :) I haven't even told you what I do, where I work, yet you are blaring your too too horn about your credentials :P

If you wanted core Droid OS experience, why would you buy a HTC One?
-Nighthawk- wrote: Hey guys, I want to break speed records around Phillip Island set by the Porsche class, and I've bought this Yarris. It's bullshit!! I as an end user have to remove everything and install a brand new engine etc. Why should I do that? A car is a car right? You are a fool to think there are different types of cars for different purposes. Newbies all of you!!
:lol:
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

:suicide:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

shadowarrior wrote:Wow you are still on about this?
So Mr App Developer Maestro, next time you create an app for the ios, well you can create one right now, let the app collect data from the phone's contacts or calendar. Check if the app pops up the access permission dialogue or not. Guess what, it doesn't :)
Heard of an app called Path for the ios? Maybe not, all the work load of developing apps for a large global digital agency must have taken your share of time to understand subjects to the core.

Oh, and maybe if you are developing apps for the Android anytime soon, please don't delay your scheduled tasks till Android 5 (the next Android version is 4.4 btw, 5 is a long way off :P). Google the term App Ops, something which is available in Android 4.3 :)

You are digging yourself deeper into this mate, give up. :) I haven't even told you what I do, where I work, yet you are blaring your too too horn about your credentials :P

Still on? I simply replied to the comments you left :\ There surely has to be a part of your brain missing.

You don't do app development do you? Surely not. Since iOS6 to get access to Contacts, Calendar etc. the API requires the users permission to get access, otherwise it will return NULL. Android does not have this level of security, instead asks for everything upfront (which most users just click accept without seeing the full list of things the app is gaining access to). That "path" app example was part of the reason Apple pushed towards securing down iOS.

The next version of Android is 4.4? Wow you must be so up-to-date with the latest news, I never knew that. I said it would be slated for 5 and that's when it's rumored to come. And it's actually not THAT far off.

Keep digging yourself a deeper hole and think you're "trolling" people. I don't need to know where you work anymore, you've already shown me your lack of intelligence that the job is irrelevant :)
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

-Nighthawk- wrote:
shadowarrior wrote:Wow you are still on about this?

Still on? I simply replied to the comments you left :\ There surely has to be a part of your brain missing.

You don't do app development do you? Surely not. Since iOS6 to get access to Contacts, Calendar etc. the API requires the users permission to get access, otherwise it will return NULL. Android does not have this level of security, instead asks for everything upfront (which most users just click accept without seeing the full list of things the app is gaining access to). That "path" app example was part of the reason Apple pushed towards securing down iOS.

The next version of Android is 4.4? Wow you must be so up-to-date with the latest news, I never knew that. I said it would be slated for 5 and that's when it's rumored to come. And it's actually not THAT far off.

Keep digging yourself a deeper hole and think you're "trolling" people. I don't need to know where you work anymore, you've already shown me your lack of intelligence that the job is irrelevant :)
TL;DR. Google App Ops please.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

And that is how you outsmart a shadowarrior.

I'm quite aware of App Ops, and it's not the level of security I was talking about. The API is still far from ready.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I had Oporto for lunch today.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

I would lock this... but let's see how this plays out, because you know... internet arguments always work out so well.

:jerry: :jerry:
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Its good because I understood it all, I wish I was cluey enough to be a developer, I'm just stuck as IT Helpdesk going nowhere.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

And I wondered how a phone thread could jump to six pages so quickly. :lol: