Do we get discounts from Unique Auto Sports for parts?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

fto12345
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Do we get discounts from Unique Auto Sports for parts?

Post by fto12345 »

Hello,
I guess this will a question for the person that is constantly updating this project with Unique auto sports.

As you are constantly mentioning Unique, do we get any kind of discounts for any thing we do with them?
Or is it just a case where you are doing them a favour of mentionin ghteir name on every thing in this forum?

Please don't get me wrong, I am simply asking a question as personally I have heard from people in the past that Unique is the biggest rip offs.. and now I find this fantastic forum for FTOs and I start to hear this name again and saying how good they are... I cannot stop to wonder..If you know what I mean..

So if we go to them and say we are from FTO club, then will they give us some kind of discounts? Or some thing different to a normal customer?

Even for my self at the moment, I need to change my clutch, and normally I would not even consider Unique, but because this name being mentioned constantly I am starting to wonder...

If you know where I am coming from please help me understand here..
Otherwise, I still perfectly understand, and I think I can understand how much efforts you are putting in to this site...
And I definately thank you for that.
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

Unique have never claimed to be the cheapest, nor do they want to be. My experience has taught me that cheap places don't give you the service and ulitmately the driving experience you want. I've been using Unique for several years now and wouldn't go anywhere else.

Why am i promoting Unique? well quite simply they are committed to building aftermarket affordable performance parts for the FTO.

John (the owner) and UAS do get flammed on some forums from time to time. You will also find that he has a lot of supporters as well. If asked John is more than happy to provide his side of any story, and can quote hundreds of other incidents where people have used message boards to cover up their own mistakes - for example being told what should be the max boost used on a turbo then over boosting it, this isn't UAS folt when the engine blows up.

At the end of the day if i didn't trust UAS and believe that they do what they say they do then i wouldn't give them my car and i wouldn't promote them on this site. If you are price driven more than quality driven they are probably not the place for you to spend your money. however if you want high quality work and don't mind playing a little bit more to ensure it is and that nothing will go wrong then shop at UAS.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

:lol: I agree - Unique are not the cheapest - but the work they do is top notch.

John has been more than helpful to me and I always feel better when my mechanic actually KNOWS about the type of car he's working on...... also they don;t have apprentices working on our cars.... (Nothing against apprentices..but not on this car!)

As it is - I am up for a complete front bumper respray due to a shoddy job at another company.... sigh! Anyone know a good spray place (anywhere from between Lane Cove to Blacktown??) :?