New drivers side window

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

logan
jedwabna poszewka promocja

New drivers side window

Post by logan »

Just had my car broken into and the drivers side window has been smashed. Just wondering if anyone out there can tell me the best place to get a replacement window. I live in sydney and the car is a 95 GPX. :(
Craig
Apprentice

Post by Craig »

hey
i just had my front windscreen damaged by a massive rock chip from a passing truck... was no happy about that. because it was right infront of my vision its illegal to fix, so went to windscreens o'brien and its costing me $390 all up to replace... i was happy with that
Anyways maybe give them a call?... i think they do side windows?
hope that helps
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

Sorry to hear that Logan :cry:
I had the same thing happen to me back in April, right outside my house at 1 o'clock at night.

The FTO windows are a really complicated piece of work, or so the mechanic who fitted my replacement told me. I called Windscreens O'Brien and they couldn't help me at all.

You have two options available to you depending on your urgency or your wallet.

If you want this done ASAP, call around all the Mitsubishi dealers in Sydney and ask if they have the window. I got mine brand new from Collins Mitsubishi in Melbourne for $565.

If you are a bit more price conscious, then let your fingers do the walking :lol: . Get out the phone book and start ringing every import wrecker you can find. Make sure you tell them that it's the DRIVER'S side window you're after, cos a lot of them are plain dumb. I know cos 2 of them swore to me they had the driver's side when they didn't. Expect to pay somewhere from $220 to $450. The smart wreckers will know that FTO windows are expensive and try to charge you $300 and up. But that still beats $565 from Mitsu.

If you've exhausted all the wreckers in the phonebook, try Parts Locator online: http://www.partslocator.com.au/

Finally, if you can't find any at wreckers or local mitsu dealers, you'll have to try and order it from interstate or Japan.

Good luck.