http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrn ... [Learners+

Looks like a 125Kw/tonne limit.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
Black_FTOGPX
Mechanic

Post by Black_FTOGPX »

Do you think the RPW turbo kit will exceed this limit?
Cause i really really want one!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

by the way, i'm sure Vicroads meant 125kw/tonne at the flywheel, not at the treads LOL!!

...but having said that, i have seen soooo many GTRs, WRXs, 200SXs and Supras on P-plates here in Vic it's not funny so i guess you take your chances either way. having a GPX on P-plates is already violating the regulations as stated by Vicroads, but it does not seem to be very well enforced (unless you act like a dick towards cops who pull you over).
WILL
Grease Monkey

Post by WILL »

Unless they are the TMU and they are low on there quotator for the day.
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Post by Cohn »

Fuk! THOSE REGULATIONS ARE STRICT. EVEN MORE THAN N.S.W 8O !!! i really did think that was not too possible. A license suspension for not showing your p plates is blatently stupid. And the passenger restriction issue, that is even worse.

Doesn't look like im driving to Vic any time soon. :roll:
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

if u want a turbo, i dont think it'll matter!
coz its illegal to drive a car with 125kw per tonne (STOCK FIGURE)

so if u mod it n sh*t, sif vicroads/coppers would know!!!
all they need to know is wats the stock figure kw on the car and if its roadworthy or not...... !!

ok i just did the calculations! i think its ok for p plater to drive a GPX

from the top of my head, the weight and kw of fto stock is 1270kg, and 150kw.

so therefore the fto would be 118 kw per tonne!!!
EyezOnMei
Apprentice

Post by EyezOnMei »

Nah, GPX doesn't exceed this limit for us P platers, otherwise we'd all be kinda screwed. But yeah, we're just under the limit for the standard kerb weight of 1170kg, but then, really, what car is 1170kg by the time we get it.
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the manual GPX is just a tad over the limit =P
But I mean my car is really more in the range of 1170kg like the other guy said, as would most with bigger chromes, sub, speakers, a boot that's always 1/2 full and of course ME!!! :?
Even the 200sx JUST meets this limit (Jap Spec is a different story). Some WRX's meet the limit too, depending on year/model.
I used to think it SUCKED, but after driving on the roads a while, I can see its purpose and I think there are quite a lot of accidents its preventing. But I think maybe not the entire P's (not 3 years) rather, 2 years maybe? Oh wellz, its good, it means lotsa P platers get under limit cars for 3 years then in those 3 years save up to buy a awesomely huge twin gazillion turbo AWD sorta thing later on.
Me, my next car is RX8 (if all goes according to plan), but that's got similar power to weight as FTO =P
I need a 4 seater hehehe, that actually has rear doors and fits 4 adults well.