General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

hnm738
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

is it wise to make your own dial?

Post by hnm738 »

hi there
there is this japanese website that says you can make your own colour dials is it wise?
here is the link
http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~whos/fto/car/white.htm

thanks
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

i'd imagine it'll work fine during days, but during nights you won't see a thing because they do not emit any lights (like luminous dials) so you won't be able to see a thing.... (unless you cut the holes out to show the numbers etc)
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

hi does anyone know how big the dial is meant to be? cause im going use it to make my dials but heck i cant be bothered opening up my gadges just to find the right dimensinos
IND38T
Apprentice

Post by IND38T »

hi does anyone know how big the dial is meant to be? cause im going use it to make my dials but heck i cant be bothered opening up my gadges just to find the right dimensinos
REDFTO

Post by REDFTO »

If you download the images in photoshop format i imagine they would print the right size just by clicking file print,

As for not being able to see them at night, print in on some semi transparent material and remove the old faces before installing the new ones, that way the light will come through at night, but it won't look see thru in the day. I'm going to make my own soon (when i get time, i'm very busy atm). I'm going to use some stuff we have at work that we print plans on so they can be overlaid on each other, it looks white, but light shines through it really well.