r 18inch wheels to big for a gpx ????

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO2sxy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

r 18inch wheels to big for a gpx ????

Post by FTO2sxy »

howz it goin everyone, ive just put new 18's on my gpx but im havin a bit of trouble i put 18x225x40, but ive got one problem right on the inner side of the wheel it is rubbing along what looks to be just on top the wheel somethin to do with the suspension???

why is this happenin, what size rubber should i have on???
YFT-08U
Apprentice

Re: r 18inch wheels to big for a gpx ????

Post by YFT-08U »

FTO2sxy wrote:howz it goin everyone, ive just put new 18's on my gpx but im havin a bit of trouble i put 18x225x40, but ive got one problem right on the inner side of the wheel it is rubbing along what looks to be just on top the wheel somethin to do with the suspension???

why is this happenin, what size rubber should i have on???
I have 18's I have 215x35 on there and it doesnt rub, nor does it interfere with the speedo calibrations, it allows to be with in the ACT limit of 10% error reading

I have 225x40 and they rubbed to the dog house but now its all good

jc
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

Do you have any pics that you can show us?

first of all, what is the offset on the wheels? the reason why it's rubbing is probably because you have the wrong offset hence the wheel is mounted too deep into the arches. Having 225 rubber on the wrong offset would also be compunding to the problem as well.

I have 225's fitted on my rims also but there is no scrub whatsoever because i have chosen a deep offset to mount the wheel further outwards.