General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jester
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

See you at 5 1/2....!!

Post by jester »

At last!! finally.. i bought my very own GPX!! yeah!!! :D :D

Picked it up on tuesday! MIVEC is a super addition by mitsu!! Such a smooth ride.. what a Sexy car!!!! !! I LOVE IT!!!

Just a question for yall though....

Ive got a pair of 6inch pioneer speakers i had in my old car and i wanted to transport them to my new drive maybe in the front.
Does anyone know if they'll fit?? The speaker hole seems a tad small but im sure it can accamodate some 6inchs ....

Thanx in advance.
elmo
Grease Monkey

speakers

Post by elmo »

I think the ones in the doors are 5 or 5 + 1/2 inch. They are mounted to the door via two plastic spacers which fit into each other. I took out the inside spacer and mounted the six inch inside the hole. It is not 100% neat cause from mermory you can only get three screws in and you have to drill new holes in the plastic spacer. It all locks in tightly though and you cant tell any different with the door trim back on. Short of making a new spacer or mounting directly to the door (which would have been harder and only with 2 screws) I couldn't see a better way.
BTW the FTO seem to have its own crossover system for the tweeters etc. Anyone know about it?