General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FTO-NX
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

kmc Indiglo Dials...??

Post by FTO-NX »

hey there,
just want to ask if im going to buy a indiglo dials on kmc in uk...is theres any difference because when i ask him he told me they only got 180 mph outer reading and 290 kmh inner reading.....to tell you the truth i cant really understand mph and kmh...is it a big difference when your driving...specially the normal fto got a 180 kmh.......
please help...thanx

cheers!!!
Rusty12
Grease Monkey

Post by Rusty12 »

Err, so your saying that at the end of the speedo it reads 290 km ph? Without having to adjust anything, it would have to be the same as the standard FTO dial, which is 180 km ph at the end.

Theoretically, it would be giving a reading of like 180 km ph when your only doing 95...

I could be totally wrong though.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

when you buy the KMC dials they give you a full set to suit manual or auto with two differant speedo dials and you end up with a few dials left over, if you have had the speedo changed to one that will read up to 290 KPH then you use that one if not you use the standard 180 KPH dial
FTO-NX
Apprentice

Post by FTO-NX »

Sorry to say but i cant really get u guys saying???
can you please explain it to me again in a easy way...hehe sori man!!
because im deciding if im going to buy it on kmc in uk or go and buy it in e-tronic for $450...i wanna save up some money....
please help.......

thanks
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

1.6 KPH = 1 MPH
100KPH = 62 MPH
180 KPH = 117 MPH

With your existing speedo, when you are doing 100 KPH your needle is pointing approximately straight up (maybe not but lets use it for this example).

Look at your new dials....if 100KPH (62MPH) is not straight up (in the same position as the old dials) then you will need to modify the actual speedo or ECU or something so it corresponds to the new dials.

If you have not modified the ECU or got a new speedo unit or something along those lines, you can only use the dial faces that have the same speeds in the same spots as the old dial faces have.

My stock dial face goes up to 180KPH (lower right corner of dial) therefore I need to use a dial that has a maximum speed of 180KPH or 117MPH.

Does that help at all?

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
KillaFlop
Apprentice

Post by KillaFlop »

hey where do u get the kmc dials from? u gotta order them from the uk?
can u get em from e-tronic coz their ones look a bit plain... :?
Rusty12
Grease Monkey

Post by Rusty12 »

The speedo is programed to point at certain places at certain speeds. Think of the dials as stickers. Putting a different sticker over the top isn't going to change the way the computer is programmed to show speed.

You would need to get it modded. Don't ask me how or where you would do that, it would probably be illegal because speed readings are pretty important!

WHats wrong with the stock dials??? Its not as though an FTO can go up to 290km ph anyway, so why bother, unless you like your speedo moving only a quarter of the way round.
dannyboyau
Veteran Mechanic

Post by dannyboyau »

mine can go close