Front Speakers

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

GPX02L
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Front Speakers

Post by GPX02L »

Have a '95 GPX...just bought it recently, can anyone reccomend a good set of front speakers, i have 6 x 9's in the back and a 12 inch sub, running off 2 amps, all works beautifully but i cant crank it right up because my standard factory front speakers can't cope. Any ideas to get a nice even sound up front?
Also my FTO is white, i want to get some nice white windscreen wipers, I live on the north shore of Sydney, anyone know where i can get a set?
Cohn
Grease Monkey

Post by Cohn »

dude, just get a good set of Kenwood's Pioneer's or J.B.L. you can't really go wrong there. Maybe try and allign them with your 6X9. It's always a good thing to try match the brands up.

About the wipers, try autobarn in Chatswood. I know the shop is a little small, but i am sure they can organise something for you. Maybe even K-Mart (you never know). Come down to Kensington to AutoOne, they might have em for you. Repco should have that sorta crap aswell...

GL

Cohn
andy
Apprentice

Post by andy »

Mine came with a set of Infinity components (65CS I think they are). They sound fantastic even with a fairly cheap CD unit. I've got Kenwood 6x9s in the rear shelf and a sub in the boot. It gives a really nice balance.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

what sort of amps are you running at the moment? and how is it set up right now? (ie: 4ch to feed amp, 2ch for 6x9s etc??)

...in all seriousness, i'd opt for a set of Phoenix Gold Tantrum splits up front to complement your 12" sub and 6x9s at the back (since you already have 2 amps anyway).

Very crisp & clear, hardly any distortion and it sounds beautiful...

i've heard some nasty things about Kenwood but in the end it's your money and preference so listen to them for yourself and be the judge... :)
elmo
Grease Monkey

speakers

Post by elmo »

Think the front speakers were 5 inch. Managed to get 6 inch JBL's in there, without being too dodgy. Think we took out a spacer. I got splits in the front of mine, with the little tweeter in the top of the door(dunno if this is standard or was put in by previous owner.) Replaced all at once with crossovers etc. Put JBL 6x9's in the back.

Now, there are some speakers in the dash too eh???
Hope these are not the one you mean cause I would like to find out their size and how to remove em, before goin any further.