new front seat trims

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

philo_boy
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

new front seat trims

Post by philo_boy »

8O hey guys, just wanting to know if anyone knows how much it would cost to re trim the front seats, and if anyone knows of anyone who does it. at the moment i have a pair of white AXS seat covers on it just to add some colour to the interior, looks great but it sorta looses the effect of the racy bucket seats and would love to have a more permanent solution.

Thanks guys
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

depends on what material you use... for example, leather will cost far more than cotton/polyester, and it also depends on the stitching pattern that you're after as well... the fancier you want, the more it's gonna cost you.
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

i was thinking of re-trimming too.

how much is it for leather?
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

where was the second quote from?
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

MNy drivers side seat is worn on one side it was like that hwne i got it, and u end up with a very sore back when u have been drivingfor over 30 mins, anyone know of possible fixes, are there companies which can re shape them ? I know reccaros are expensive but are there other brand seats which are not so expensive where u cna just use the existing rial, cause i dont want to have to pull apart the complete seat and install newrails and sh*t, will be such a hassle. Or how muchdo the version R seats go for 2nd hand ?
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

well anyone in sydney that wants a quote for trimming seats or anything else, give us a yell and can sort somthing out.
philo_boy
Apprentice

Post by philo_boy »

hey foulz round about how much did all your re trimming cost?
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

G_A_V wrote:MNy drivers side seat is worn on one side it was like that hwne i got it, and u end up with a very sore back when u have been drivingfor over 30 mins, anyone know of possible fixes, are there companies which can re shape them ? I know reccaros are expensive but are there other brand seats which are not so expensive where u cna just use the existing rial, cause i dont want to have to pull apart the complete seat and install newrails and sh*t, will be such a hassle. Or how muchdo the version R seats go for 2nd hand ?
Some Sparco buckets are quite affordable (though' I'd check their legality for road use)... or you can just get some OBX reclinables that look almost like Recaros fromyour local Autobarn outlet... ;)
FOULZ
Grease Monkey

Post by FOULZ »

my full retrim cost me $4000. its a bit much but i have suade aswell as leather, suade is more expensive than leather so thats why mine was so much...

Bucket seats are not that costly, there are some cheap examples from some places in sydney but as GPXXX said, id check for their legality for road use.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

yeah i was looking at sparco seats and they are very nice, just i have a couple of worries, the first is asu said howl egal are they, cause some the belts are designed to bbe anchored behind , so that means taking out the rear seats, which i done mind just i done wanna get defected for it
also my other worry is comftability sure they are great for hugging your hide around a corner, but i done wanna feel like i spent a night in jail ( if u know what i mean) after going for an hours drive
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

FTO388 has a pair of very nice pair of Sparcos in his silver FTO - why not shoot him an email and find out if he's been dicked by cops yet? ...afterall, you will need to obtain an engineers certificate when the seats are fitted. ;)