Mufflers/exhaust

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JSP-INC
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mufflers/exhaust

Post by JSP-INC »

Hey guys, what kind of exhaust/mufflers have u guys got on your rides?

I have a stock system and just a Apexi Dunk!! It's waaaaaay too loud and wanting to put the stockie muffler back on...
IF anyone wants a dunk and are willing to swap for the stockie!!! hehe
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

dude, get a resonator or get a different muffler with a silencer plug on it...

i used to have a 5Zigen Fireball exhaust, and it was just as loud (if not louder) than Eric's... as much as i loved the sound from it, it just had to go coz i really cannot stand driving it with the windows down... :cry:

now i have a carbonfibre/titanium muffler fitted with a silencer plug instead. makes a HUUUGE difference in the noise level with the silencer on, but once you take it off it's quite droney (but still nice and not as loud as before).

i'd stick with the dunk muffler and see if you can get a silencer made somewhere... :wink:
MADFTO
Mechanic

Post by MADFTO »

Was this before or after I put a resonator in it ? =)

Without resonator was just harsh =P

Good thing about my setup . . . it's loud outside . . . but relatively quiet on the inside.

Mind you, I don't use the full RPM range as much anymore =P
diehard

my pipes

Post by diehard »

i got a hks super drager system with a jasma muffler i think its about 2.5" wide, quite as a mouse. It came with the car.
daryl
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

muffler

Post by JSP-INC »

Well i went into a friends workshop and one of his customers was looking for a aftermarket system for his FTO so we ended up doing a swap.. I mean i coulda sold it to them but cbf'd, just wanted a stock system.. It is now peaceful, lol and the induction noise is still their from the pod..
Happy.... :)

Shocks next week, den prolly see if someone wants to buy it.. :)
Chrisp
Apprentice

Post by Chrisp »

hey jsp-inc,
What sort of pod filter do u have? do u wanna sell/swap your pod air filter for a stock one with new filter?
cheers.
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

hey dude

Post by JSP-INC »

hey man, i got a Simota Pod... It's not the best u can get around, i think there are better ones out there to be honest and wouldn't recommend mine, it's a bit butchered. hehe..
If u want one, lemme know, 'cos i'll try get a good price for u on one at my friends workshop.. he's got all sorts dere!!!

Jun
Chrisp
Apprentice

Post by Chrisp »

ok, thanks for the offer.
What kinda price range for a pod filter with adapter and whatever so that is bolts straight up? Im in no hurry so just let me know when u get around to it.
JSP-INC
Grease Monkey

dude

Post by JSP-INC »

hey dude.. ring George at 'The City Garage'.. he will be able to help you out, and he'll prolly install it for u as well, even though it's pretty easy to do urself. 9326-8807
Tell him JUN from Hot4s recommended u to them!!
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

whatever you do, don't get the K&N kit... the intake plumbing for the pod filter sits waaaay too close to the engine which allows the filter to absorb heat from the engine itself, and I'm sure Boney would vouch very strongly about this!