Veilside Bodykit Copies

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

thecook
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by thecook »

man, too many ftos with only veilside sideskirts and front bar...

and mines one of em lol... it really pisses me off now... its starting to become un original IMHO, just having a veilside front and side skirt.

my fto originally had a veilside front and side when it arrived in autralia, but the owner in australia took off the front bar and replaced it with a standard one... my sideskirt is from japan :D dunno if its real or not...

but my front bar now,is fake i think. only cost me about $600 to mould, install, paint etc. Took less than a week to do!!!

i took my car to my mechanic, told him to fix my car, cos there was some damages on it, and told him to replace my fxxked up front bar with veilside, the front bar arrived in 2 days, and painted and fitted on in 3 days.

2 weeks for a front bar is ages!!! my mate had a r33 gtst, called up jetspeed and told em he wanted a FULL veilside kit, they told him he could pick it up in a week, and he did...
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

What about the impact/safety issue?

Ie. Fibreglass vs moulded plastic rubber thingo (Thats tech speak)

I'd pay more if it was safety as well as looks :P

And i guess having genuine will be favourable if i ever sell my beast.

PS. Thanks for all the help/suggestions etc. guys :P New to all of this
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

its a sh*t load eassier to repair and fix fibreglass as opposed to mulded plastic! and cheaper as well!!!
just my 2.5 cents.

Brent
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

safety and bodykit usually do not go together... it's all about function and looks. if safety was a main element, there'd be ballons hiding behind the bumper lol...

and yes, moulded plastic are a bitch to repaiR that's why they are more expensive to repair...

what you are paying extra for are essentially just a guarantee fit and quality, not safety.