Worthwhile buying a press?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

payaya
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Worthwhile buying a press?

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:Who presses them out? That a job for a drill bit & reciprocating saw. Bastards just fall out, then press new ones in.
I pressed them out because I could and takes a minute? And whats the diff between pressing in and out??? :lol:

And fine me the ralliart part numbers for the front and rear mounts and you are the master at this and I'll go guijne pig.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

payaya wrote:
Bennoz wrote:Who presses them out? That a job for a drill bit & reciprocating saw. Bastards just fall out, then press new ones in.
I pressed them out because I could and takes a minute? And whats the diff between pressing in and out??? :lol:

And fine me the ralliart part numbers for the front and rear mounts and you are the master at this and I'll go guijne pig.
Pressing them out is a pain in the ass, you gotta find a similar yet slightly smaller circular metal something to press them out with. I can spend all day walking around looking for odd size sockets to make jigs :lol: Plus there is f**k all external metal on lower engine mounts to brace on the press plate.

The only Ralliart lower one that is still available is the front (which is off a Evo (IV - VI)
Ralliart part number: RA19718K1

The rear one was off the Evo I - III. It's no longer produced.
Last time I spoke to Meek (because the c**ts never return my calls) they were looking into doing a production run of their own on them... but that was 12 months ago.
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

One of my best mates works at Diebold and is in charge of the plasma cutter. He says he has offcuts of pretty much every diameter metal piping you vould imagine so all he needs is a diameter and I'll get a jig lol
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Bennoz wrote:
payaya wrote:

Pressing them out is a pain in the ass, you gotta find a similar yet slightly smaller circular metal something to press them out with. I can spend all day walking around looking for odd size sockets to make jigs :lol: Plus there is f**k all external metal on lower engine mounts to brace on the press plate.

The only Ralliart lower one that is still available is the front (which is off a Evo (IV - VI)
Ralliart part number: RA19718K1

The rear one was off the Evo I - III. It's no longer produced.
Last time I spoke to Meek (because the c**ts never return my calls) they were looking into doing a production run of their own on them... but that was 12 months ago.
Ah I know what you mean! I have an old mount that has been hollowed out and I use that to press in and out the mounts from the bracket!! So 5 minutes in and out! haha.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

wouldnt it be easier just to cut the old one out and press the new one in then?
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

Yes
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

:lol:

might do mine while its getting the full treatment...