FUZION
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Low PSI Boost Universal Turbo on FTO?

Post by FUZION »

Stumbled across this..

http://www.acturbo.com

Anyone know much about these?

Seems interesting if workable in an FTO..
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

so it's an electric-powered compressor, not exhaust gas-driven...

sounds like a good idea in theory, but will it work just as well in real life?

...so how do you wind up the boost? add more AA-sized batteries? :P

i'd prefer the tried, tested and proven route - bring on the RPW kit!!
elmo
Grease Monkey

turbo

Post by elmo »

What they have there is a backward curved centrifugal fan in a scroll housing. They are pressure fans and work best under load. OK they pump a lot of air but wont be enough at high rpm, and may even slow airflow.

I experimented with tis when I was 16. Not much chop though, but maybe these guys are not scammin....

Hey 02nv, are you definately gettin the RPW kit or still just thinkin about it?
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

The above seems like a nice budget alternative :P but can't seem to find any info on it elsewhere - so dunno. seems a bit dodgey..

With the RPW kits - They worked out a price? - had a read through their site a few weeks ago sounds tasty :P
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

i have seen these before, and they are designedfor a 1.3l engine or less, mainly because they can cope with anything over 1300cc, they are good in theroy and hopefully more research will provide more powerful examples
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

it might be cheap, but how much gain do u get.............10 hp!!!!!!!

What's the point?
MattG
Grease Monkey

Post by MattG »

10 Hp ....is about as much gain as some Pod Filters give - espescially if you have a cold air induction kit set-up on it.

M@
http://www.forensicdata.com.au
The Data Recovery Experts
acturbo

Post by acturbo »

Hello everyone. First I'll answer how I got here. It was from the server logs although I do receive feedback from forums like this one. Next I'd like to address some of the issues you have been discussing so far in this thread. The turbo runs at 22000 rpms. This is enough to move 800 CFM of air and create 1.7 to 2.0 psi. To find out how much air your engine requires use the folowing equation: (RPMs x Displacement in Cu. In)/3456. 10 hp is just want we can guarantee for any vehicle. Usually we see 10-20 hp from one. We've also seen up to 45 with the twin setup. There have been a few companies to venture in the world of electric turbos. We have Turbozet (little more than pc fans), eRam (a widely available inefficient axial design.. yet it dose work), and TurboDyne (a 3psi @ 100 amp blower... not available to the general public... $1000 was the set price). We have just combined all the best aspects and brought it together here. If you want to contact me just send an email to chris.rodriguez@acturbo.com. There has been much interest expressed about this from Australia.
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

MattG wrote:10 Hp ....is about as much gain as some Pod Filters give - espescially if you have a cold air induction kit set-up on it.
Isn't it just forcing more air in? So if you've already got a nice Filter with CAI kit than you'd get even more?

Still seems interesting - pity there doesn't seem to be much info about it.

Hey ACTurbo guy - what about sending one of those puppies to someone on here so we can do some dyno runs - if it is as good as you say - then i'd expect loads of us on here would rush out and grab one :)
acturbo

Post by acturbo »

My boss is not sending out any free units due to them never coming back. That includes the data never coming back also. I would be willing to refund someone entirely, including the shipping back to the states if this didn't work for them. Just show a Dyno or something worthy. I'm going to do more tests this month or the next. I have another job and have been pretty busy.

Oh and if you have an efficient intake now that would just help the turbo provide larger increases since it wouldn't have to fight the air filter for example.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

I stand corrected, so i have a few q's
what happens when the throttle body butterflys close inbetween changing gears ? How long would on of these electric motors last ? Would you need to upgrade the battery or even alternator to cope with such a powerful motor ? Do these units require oils lines or just power and tubes going in to the throttle body ? The air being compressed by these compressors is it hot air and would an intercooler help ?
FUZION
Apprentice

Post by FUZION »

Been looking around - found some info on electric turbo/superchargers (not the acturbo - but at least mentions some of his competitors)

http://www.crxsi.com/resources/classified/ads/2789.htm

Seems to be mixed comments - but worth a read