problems with electrics?

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

YYgirl
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

problems with electrics?

Post by YYgirl »

Has anyone had problems with the central locking not working and solved the problem? because mine was all fine until today, just decided not to lock and unlock on the passengers side. Please help!
indyfto
Grease Monkey

Post by indyfto »

Very common fault with FTOs. Usually caused by the master actuator that does both doors failing. Could possibly be fixed by cleaning as they tend to get excess dirt and grime in them over time but the easiest option is to just get a new actuator. Mine was ~ $50 fitted from memory. Mine just seemed like it lost enough oomph to actuate the lock and I could actually hear it "struggling". If you want to clean it you will find it on the drivers side door.
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

I got a new central lock last year, because I thought the old one was broken, now it has happened again? damn.

Do you think I need to get a new central lock? :( thanks
rxboy
Mechanic

Post by rxboy »

I had the same problem. First, driver's side door wouldn't lock after arming, then it did a 180 and the driver's side door wouldn't unlock after disarming (had to use the key :oops: ). But the problem has gone away now.

Try locking the doors from inside the car by pushing the knob, and then arming/disarming central locking. I think that's what fixed my problem.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

I had the same thing - drivers door - had to use the key. When they fitted my alarm they fitted actuators - no more problem :D
YYgirl
Grease Monkey

Post by YYgirl »

Thanks, I just bought a new actuator, and have fitted it, it is all fine now!