General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EyezOnMei
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Transmission Flaring

Post by EyezOnMei »

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has had any troubles with the Tiptronic transmission of an FTO where it flares between gear 1 and 2. I think I might have that problem, because it was a common problem on the auto 1986 accords which I used to drive and I assume that's flaring, because I notice the same problem if I'm in D mode and in gear 2 and suddenly decide to floor it. It'll downshift to gear 1 and there'll be a bit of a delay I think a 'flare'.
Also a friend wanting to buy an FTO had one RACV tested with the same problem, I didn't know it was a common problem, I do however know the tiptronic transmission of the FTO is not cheap to fix!! Anyone else had the same problems?
I probably didn't notice this before because I always drive in tiptronic mode to save fuel and only started flooring the car recently, because my parents got an auto 2001 Civic Vi and it revved more freely than the FTO and reached 80 quicker than the avalon we had, so I just had to see where the FTO competed. Any help is appreciated guys!