Power window auto close on remote locking

This forum discusses anything to do with your In Car Entertainment requirements such as. Stereo's, TV screens, Speakers, Navigation Systems, etc

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bretto
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Power window auto close on remote locking

Post by Bretto »

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to connect the power windows to the remote locking so when I remote lock the car the windows go up automatically if down?
I havn't found any information on this as of yet.

FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yes if your alarm have an option of adding a window lift solenoid, & depends on which brand, it should cost around $50-$70 each
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

I know its possible cause ive got it on mine!! :lol:

problem is, was already installed when i bouhgt the car so im not really any help sorry :oops: i know that it is possible but :wink:
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

It sure is if your alarm has an external output, most reasonable ones do all you need is a little box (we only need the two window version unless you have a sunroof too) available from Jaycar www.jaycar.com.au. Should be less than 70 bucks
HEK-71Q
Grease Monkey

Post by HEK-71Q »

yes its possible as i got it too hehhee....
got it done when i got my alarm system....plus while your at it.....get your side mirrors to fold when armed as well.....
your local electrician should be able to do this for ya...got my side mirrors done like 60 bux and windows for $100??
Bretto

Post by Bretto »

Thanks for all your info. Unfortunately I just have the standard keyless entry (for GRs) with immobliser :( . Is it still possible to add the windows and mirrors to the standard remote locking???
Dr_Jones
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Dr_Jones »

I am not sure what sort of trigger the automatic window systems require to activate them, I would suggest talking to a salesmen at jaycar and just say that you have a standard keyless entry system with a negative pulse for the central locking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the standard system is a negative trigger.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

nah i think your rite cause u need to create a positive signal to utilise the power mirrors, so yeah standard creates a neg
Guni_GuGu
Grease Monkey

Post by Guni_GuGu »

I just got my car done at Gary's car audio, with a full alarm setup of remote engine start blah blah blah...

They were asking for I think 270ish, but to get the windows and mirrors done, i got them to do it for 400...

I think you can expect to pay about $100 for both windows, winding up on alarming...