exsust thougts

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Froto.gr
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

exsust thougts

Post by Froto.gr »

hey guys just looking out for new exsust for car,porb go cat back,for now,what thougts and ideas do you you ave,mongoose and hks do nice stuff for fto also blue flame,but let me no what you think, :salut: :salut:
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Re: exsust thougts

Post by vipfto »

Hi-flow cat/2.5inch mandrel bent pipe/ 1x resonator/ rear muffler = more power

then later add extractors and thats pretty much best exhaust will get on FTO any larger and you will lose backpressure = less power
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

fear play mate looking in to that to see what can come up with thanks,.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

so you're based in UK, and can get the mongoose/blueflame, i have heard of them in youtube videos on fto's and i like their tone, and both have different notes.

but yeah, see if you can get a full upgrade for your exhaust, that is:
Extractors/headers , 200cpsi high flow cat/decat(if you're game enough) , 2.5" mandrel bent catback with maybe an 18" hotdog resonator , then a high/free flow muffler which could be the mongoose/hks/blueflame that you want. I quite liked the blueflame note though.
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!
...and when im not, im looking at her!
... ...and when im not, im freakin thinking about her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
like For The Win!, but more hardcore...
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

vipfto wrote:Hi-flow cat/2.5inch mandrel bent pipe/ 1x resonator/ rear muffler = more power

then later add extractors and thats pretty much best exhaust will get on FTO any larger and you will lose backpressure = less power
I like this idea i have pretty much the same as... its quietish and with the extractors u get a bit louder and growlier but not too much but that depends on the person
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

SG wrote: with the extractors you get a bit louder and growlier but
im looking forward to that on mine then... i only have the cat and extractors left to do. the cat should make it slightly louder right ? with it being high flow
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Yeah a little louder... Hate the buzz if you get it i had one after i got extractors its the flex pipe not being double sided...the flexable steel woven material should go on both sides but sometimes they only put a single sided material on it (the outside) so you get a buzz from the ribbed stuff on the inside. :x I think they're like $120ish the single sided ones are half price so that must be why they use em.
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

buzz as in rasp? if so, i might need that a little since my tone is on the deep side
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

Gholdwayne wrote:so you're based in UK, and can get the mongoose/blueflame, i have heard of them in youtube videos on fto's and i like their tone, and both have different notes.

Extractors/headers , 200cpsi high flow cat/decat(if you're game enough) , 2.5" mandrel bent catback with maybe an 18" hotdog resonator , then a high/free flow muffler which could be the mongoose/hks/blueflame that you want. I quite liked the blueflame note though.
that's a neat exsust upgrade mate bet that makes a noise and a hell of a difference to the car, :twisted:

ya the blue flame does nice work on tone and good product to,plus a little cheaper then mongoose/hks so all round good choice on finish,,

for extractors/headers what do you recomende i use and where to source them,, :?:

ill prob put the test on car as it near up very soon then do exsust which really means i can decat for 2 years untill next test due again which is cool just stick cat back in an sorted 2 more years,, :D
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Froto.gr wrote:
Gholdwayne wrote:so you're based in UK, and can get the mongoose/blueflame, i have heard of them in youtube videos on fto's and i like their tone, and both have different notes.

that's a neat exsust upgrade mate bet that makes a noise and a hell of a difference to the car, :twisted:

ya the blue flame does nice work on tone and good product to,plus a little cheaper then mongoose/hks so all round good choice on finish,,

for extractors/headers what do you recomende i use and where to source them,, :?:

ill prob put the test on car as it near up very soon then do exsust which really means i can decat for 2 years untill next test due again which is cool just stick cat back in an sorted 2 more years,, :D

yeah it does make a difference in noise, my extractors and cat are stock at the moment but not long now, but i do have a custom 2.5" mandrel bent catback with 2 resonators, 18 and 16 inches, and finally, a varex 4" cannon. got videos if u like to see.

for extractors, im sure there is a lot of exhaust jobs that have em since the ralliart division produced fto's in the uk. Here in Aus, theres hurricane headers, rpw headers, and UAS downpipes(since the downpipes are really the most restrictive among it and the headers in the kit, and the stock headers have decent flow).
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

ill prob put the test on car as it near up very soon then do exsust which really means i can decat for 2 years untill next test due again which is cool just stick cat back in an sorted 2 more years,, :D[/quote]

yeah it does make a difference in noise, my extractors and cat are stock at the moment but not long now, but i do have a custom 2.5" mandrel bent catback with 2 resonators, 18 and 16 inches, and finally, a varex 4" cannon. got videos if you like to see.

for extractors, im sure there is a lot of exhaust jobs that have em since the ralliart division produced fto's in the uk. Here in Aus, theres hurricane headers, rpw headers, and UAS downpipes(since the downpipes are really the most restrictive among it and the headers in the kit, and the stock headers have decent flow).[/quote]

ya be cool to see vid's mate,what model fto you got,
and did you know Ralliart now gone no more Ralliart,but still bits kicking round,thanks on heads up,post vid's :evil:
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

Froto.gr wrote:that's a neat exsust upgrade mate bet that makes a noise and a hell of a difference to the car, :twisted:

yeah it does make a difference in noise, my extractors and cat are stock at the moment but not long now, but i do have a custom 2.5" mandrel bent catback with 2 resonators, 18 and 16 inches, and finally, a varex 4" cannon. got videos if you like to see.

for extractors, im sure there is a lot of exhaust jobs that have em since the ralliart division produced fto's in the uk. Here in Aus, theres hurricane headers, rpw headers, and UAS downpipes(since the downpipes are really the most restrictive among it and the headers in the kit, and the stock headers have decent flow).[/quote]

ya be cool to see vid's mate,what model fto you got,
and did you know Ralliart now gone no more Ralliart,but still bits kicking round,thanks on heads up,post vid's :evil:[/quote]

yeah, we all here know that the ralliart division is goneskies.
I gots a 97 gpx, here is a video: bon appetit

97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

yo man that system is perfect,launch is a roar and normel is what you want at that pace,do you got times for it or 0-60,cool vids man,
Gholdwayne
Oldtimer

Post by Gholdwayne »

i have never actually timed my car for jack squat :lol:, for some reason, right now, i'm not too interested in the figures, maybe later when there's a dyno day, then i will do the 0-60 timing.. It should be 0-100km/h though, since its the same as 0-60mph no?
97 GPX Icelle Blue

I cant stop driving her!

FTO[For The Orgasm]
Froto.gr
Grease Monkey

Post by Froto.gr »

that cool mate dyno days are sweet. :evil: well near all cars ive driven is clocks showing miles/kms and the kms sit little over miles,but we change all cars to kms now,thanks for help with exsust helped me out, :twisted: