Pillow tops - Cusco or Tein?

This forum is for technical discussions on anything that will make your car handle better or go faster.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Pillow tops - Cusco or Tein?

Post by Shane001 »

I desperately need to fit some pillow tops to the racecar. I'm tearing up the outside edge of the front tyres!! Need camber!!!! lol.

So I notice both Tein & Cusco make pillow tops for the FTO.

Which is the better options and where is the best place to buy em from?

TIA 8)
Grue
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Grue »

I went for Tein from www.perfectrun.com.au a while back after a lot of good things were said about them on here. No regrets.

They were 17,100 yen back then, which is just over AU$200 at the mo. And about $40 for shipping I think.

You won't find them on their website. Had to email them and ask - Tein Front Camber Adjustable Pillowball Upper Mounts (Item code: PAR38-31PFR). Good exchange rate at the mo, so even if the prices have gone up, should still be worth a look.
If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bull...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I've got the Teins, they do the job. The Tein & Cusco are very similar in operation.

However, I have heard through the grapevine, that apparently Kmac have done one as well. Its a full circular adjustable unit & you can adjust both camber and caster...

Might also wanna cheack if G4 make them too.
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

However, I have heard through the grapevine, that apparently Kmac have done one as well. Its a full circular adjustable unit & you can adjust both camber and caster...
Got one of these, had it for about 2 years now but not fitted lol I'll get around it one day.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Thanks Ben for the extra options :roll: lol More decisions! The Kmacs sound interesting though.

JoeJoe, which ones u got?
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

kmac's

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

Mine's the circle one.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

There are brand new cuscos on Yahoo Japan at the moment. I can probably source teins as well (I know a site over there that was selling them but havent checked it for a while) Im pretty sure I can get front and rears as well (although the rears arent generally adjustable as the car itself has rear adjustment.)
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    Shane001
    Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Hey JoeJoe, do u have the model number? The FTO's not listed?

Also yours is the Stage 1 right? I'll probably go Stage 3 8)

Cheers.
    JOeJOe
    Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Shane001 wrote:Hey JoeJoe, do you have the model number? The FTO's not listed?

Also yours is the Stage 1 right? I'll probably go Stage 3 8)

Cheers.
    Kmac's is kinda exi .. cusco is about 238 on perfectrun, with postage it would be cheaper then the kmacs

Call kmac if you want to go that path and they'll be able to price it for you. They also do springs for the FTO too. Last time I asked labour is about $300
    Shane001
    Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Grue / Bennoz / JoeJoe - how many degrees negative camber were you able to get out of these? (assuming you have a print out from the setup?).

Thanks.
    Bennoz
    National President

Post by Bennoz »

On a standard diametre spring assembly, just over 1.75 degrees. Almost 2.

Its a sure fire way to find out if the car has ever had a front end prang, mine got different maximums on each side :roll:
    Shane001
    Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

lol, that's a bitch mate, don't u just hate finding sh*t like that out!

Yeah figured u wouldn't get much more than 1.5 to 2 degrees with those big arse springs on the front. Thinking I might be better looking for some adjustable coilovers, would be much better but just don't have the dollars... :cry:

Need to find me some product sponsors lol!