Just got my FTO =]

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Pkat
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Just got my FTO =]

Post by Pkat »

Hi guys, im new to FTO's.

Recently just sold my civic and today picked up my FTO manual 96 GPX =] happy as except the last owner didnt take care of it and the interior and exterior aint in good condition except theres no scratches though which is good.

So does anyone know a driving school that is cheap that can teach me manual lol i dont want to learn inside the FTO and wreck it. So far i can only find ones that are 40 bucks for 45 mins =.=.
yano
Mechanic

Post by yano »

Congrats on the purchase. Cosmetic blemishes aside, as long as the car's healthy and has been mechanically looked after you're sweet. The manual gearbox's in fto's are pretty strong for what they are, so don't be afraid to learn in your fto ;)
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

yeah i like it a lot its really strong compared to my honda civic =]. Also do know how to change the standarb leather knob to a customed one, and also about the seats wher can u get the FTO seat covers?
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

PICS PICS PICS!!!

I think you can get the letherette fto seat cover from "mxysxy"
Last edited by J on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

hey WTTC,

Go ahead and learn in the fto, as the best way to learn manual is to practice in the car your mostly driving in. Go somewhere where this plenty of space. stay safe and have fun :D
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Wttc, enjoy 8)
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

WTTC ... I second learning in the FTO ...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Honestly, learn driving manual in the FTO - it's much, much easier than most other cars to learn in because it has a semi-sports clutch and the friction point is much bigger than on other cars.

I learnt manual in my FTO. My friend came over and basically made me sit on the hill in front of my house, making me use the clutch (no brake, no accelerator) to move back and forth so I get a feel for my clutch and don't stall it. Best way to learn :)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
TigerFTO
Apprentice

Post by TigerFTO »

wttc mate
yeh learn in the fto. gd solid car. will take anything u might throw at it.
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

thanks a lot guys, i'll post pics soon, when you stall in manual doesnt it wreck the car or something like that?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Nah, it doesn't. Stall all you wan't :)

Just be careful of wearing out your clutch. When you're learning you may smell a burning rubber smell, this is when you're stepping on your clutch (too much, past the friction point) and accelerating.

Don't worry too much about this, everybody does it a little while learning, it's not going to cause you huge problems unless you have your foot all the way down on both your clutch and accelerator :P
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

haha i see, im picking it up today =]. Nice to meet you all and thanks for the advice btw i live in Victoria Melbourne anyone else from here? Looking forward to this community hardly see any FTO's on the road.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

VIC has a nice FTO community, you're in luck (and even more so if you're a female) :roll:
Pkat
Grease Monkey

Post by Pkat »

lol unfortunately im a male and i have a gf lol =]. Is there a place in melbourne that sells FTO parts and accessories and stuff like that?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Pkat wrote:lol unfortunately im a male
First time I ever heard anyone say that... :lol:
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

welcome the club dude. Great choice of car :lol:

Learning manual in your own car is sooo much better than an instructor. Took me like 3hours in cousins integra