Hello everyone :-D

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

beaner
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Hello everyone :-D

Post by beaner »

Hey guys... i've just recently joined to these forums and have been lurking around a bit, hehe.

first of all these forums are great, they are extremely helpful in a lot of unanswered questions i had, and the members seem nice and friendly :D

now, i'm thinking of getting a GPX, but i have some doubts in my mind still. my mate has told me it is quite hard get ahold of parts for the FTO, due to the low support it has in australia. i'd like an FTO, but i don't want to be spending a tonne on it though. can anyone justify this?

also, how reliable are your FTO's? i don't want to me jerking out heaps of cash to fix too many problems with it. what should i be looking out for?

well that's about it... heh, these forums are great and i'd be most gracious if anyone could help me a tad :P
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

hey mate WTTC :D

first of all parts are actually easily availible you just need to know where to look. DSTOCKS is always helpful and a lot of the parts are same as galant/lancer ones

as for reliabilty they are very good provided you look after them regular servicing makes a huge difference. they do have some common faults as all cars do ie stepper motor, door locks etc

the down side is cost of repairs if you are not mech minded or able to DIY shops tend to overcharge for labour as they generaly dont know much about imports or think the FTO is some sort of exotic vehicle, but there are plenty of members here who will put you in the rightdirection of good workshops near your location

and beware of them only getting genuine mitsi parts theyare way overpriced and the generic ones are usually cheaper and often an better product

hope that helps? and enjoy the club :D
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, I can get pretty much anything you need. Any new genuine part out of Japan and a selection of second hand parts as well. There are plenty of others that can help in that department as well though.

As far as reliability goes, its the same as most cars. If you get a good one and treat it well, it will serve you well. I have had my current FTO for 18 months now and have really only had do standard services. If you flog it to death (or someone has before you), you may be up for a couple of repairs. My advice is if you decide to get one, take someone with you to look for defects if you dont know how to do it yourself. And if you are lucky, you may get a member or two offering to check out potential candidates with you.

Good Luck and hopefully well see you with an FTO soon. Welcome to the club.

Oh and if you havent found my FTO site yet, you may find a few things of interest there as well (www.completefto.com.au)
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    beaner

Post by beaner »

wow, yes! the posts were very helpful!
    though i won't be getting one very soon, i'll still be around these forums until i do get one (hopefully). my decision to get an FTO is more settled now.
    thanks dstocks and vipfto, you guys are great :D