Tapping Tappets?

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

redline
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Tapping Tappets?

Post by redline »

Hello, im new to the world of FTO's and i picked up a '95 reg in average condition for pretty cheap. Due to the low asking price i am happy to spend a bit under the bonnett. The car is suffering from a tapping noise, pretty anoying and almost embaressing. Has anyone here changed the tappets themselves or is it a garage job? thanks in advance and nice to be a member :D
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Is it a GR or a GPX?

GR, you will have to replace them. I saw somewhere a set for about $600 but cant remember where Bennoz is the man for price and availibilty.

GPX, are adjustable, again not sure on price but i would think around the $300-$400 mark
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

as simon said gpx adjustable easy to do if you have bit of knowledge
gr you have to replace but 600 is kind of steep should be able to pick them up for under 400 for all 24 and you can replace them yourself once again if you have good mechanical knowledge and are confident if not i woulnt recomend as you can do some serious damage
think there is a very good DIY here somewhere but dont attempt if unsure in anyway :!:
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI