WTTC - it means Welcome To The Club

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WTTC - it means Welcome To The Club

Post by Bennoz »

As above.
Last edited by Bennoz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

I dont believe you had to make a post to explain that ROFL
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

LOL - you read the threads of our 2 latest members?
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

yeah laugh it nerds

Post by I8A4RE »

nah just kidding. sorry i just spend more time in my car than on the computer. while that was until my car got broke into now ive spent 3 days lookin for parts lol.. :P :P :P
chelly
Grease Monkey

Post by chelly »

Haha that would also b my bad!! :oops: SORRY
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hehe, not to worry. This section is new so Im just testing a few things out :wink:
MYFTO

New to FTO

Post by MYFTO »

Hi There, I am Sharon, I have wanted an FTO for the past 5 years and finally decided to buy one. I got totally ripped off from a licensed Motor Vehicle dealer and that car was a right off, I went to get a warrant and was told by the guy I purchased the car from that it needed a tyre, when I took it through the warrant it failed badly, it had been in a few accidents and needed the cross member replaced and also front and rear chassie straightening, which means a Cert, I was so dissapointed, I had two quotes to fix this car, the first was for $3,800 and the second was $5,000 so I am now selling it for parts to try and get some money back. I decided to get another RED FTO from a different person and now I am really happy, I love it!!
JOeJOe
Oldtimer

Post by JOeJOe »

Shouldn't the car have already been through compliance before the dealer sold it yo you?

How much did you pay for it?
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

When I was a newb to this forum (I guess I still am), I must admit it took me a while to figure out WTTC ... lol ...
MYFTO

Post by MYFTO »

JOeJOe wrote:Shouldn't the car have already been through compliance before the dealer sold it yo you?

How much did you pay for it?
Well, It was de-registered and the man told me that it needed a tyre, because we were not able to see the car, I believed him, silly me. When it arrived we started to put money into it to get a warrant so we spent around $3200 altogether. I would never get any car again without seeing it. We are now selling parts to get some money back as we have purchased another FTO now. I am loving it. After 5 long years of wanting one, I am now really happy with the one we have now purchased. I went and seen it first and took it to a garage to get checked.
MissxFTO
Veteran Mechanic

Post by MissxFTO »

you should of got someone to come check the car before you handed over anything to the dealer........ i know i do wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them.
[img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/923/msf70lz5.jpg[/img]
MYFTO

Post by MYFTO »

MissxFTO wrote:you should of got someone to come check the car before you handed over anything to the dealer........ i know i do wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them.
Some of us learn the hard way..
boarsai
Mechanic

Post by boarsai »

MYFTO wrote:
MissxFTO wrote:you should of got someone to come check the car before you handed over anything to the dealer........ i know i do wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them.
Some of us learn the hard way..
Hindsight, she's a beautiful thing. I know how it feels, my first motorbike was a major lemon. If it got any more lemon I'd have had to register it as a road juice :(
RezzZ

ReZ from mauritius

Post by RezzZ »

Hi There,
My name is ReZ and i'm a designer, from mauritius and have one of the only 2 fto's round the island. a 1.8 cc year 98 specs. the car originately comes from japan and I have it since feb 08.

i have been fooling around on the net recently, only to realise it wasn't easy finding parts for this car.

the car is actually being resprayed, after few simple mods on the chassis. will be uploading picts soon,

well, i hope we'll be able to have fruitfull discussions concerning the fto.

Thankin you in advance

ReZ
[/img]