another n00b with a Tiptronic Q..

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

another n00b with a Tiptronic Q..

Post by da_msta_chizz »

I fell in love with the FTO about 5 years ago..when i was playing the original Gran Turismo..ever since, i've loved them.
yes, i am only 14, no im not a total n00b...i do know 'Some' things about the FTO...
anyway, To the question!
if i were to buy an FTO GPR, with the Tiptronic auto, what if the original owner(s) were really lax drivers?..like, is there anyway to reset it so i can have the power when i want it?
And, while im here, if there is an aftermarket way to reset it, are there any consequences with doing so?

other than that, i hope to enjoy browsing the Forums, and getting some much needed info on actually owning an FTO..
Thanks for your time,
Chizz.
maggsy
Oldtimer

Post by maggsy »

the tips learning ability is called 'INVEC' and it remembers the way in which a person drives and switches gears accordingly.

to reset it all you have to do is dissconect the battery for about an hour.

it will forget everything and leave you with a clean slate.

hope that helps. ;)
"How come when you go to bed at night you wake up even more tired in the morning?...Sorta' defies the point of getting a good night sleep."

da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

ok, thanks...that does help. So it will just reset itself automatically, and think its brand new? cool. Thanks. But will doing this cause anything Negative?
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]
BorepYano
Forum Moderator

Post by BorepYano »

the_msta_chizz wrote:ok, thanks...that does help. So it will just reset itself automatically, and think its brand new? cool. Thanks. But will doing this cause anything Negative?
it resets to original, which means it might not be your driving style.
which means you might be pissed off for the first few runs you do because the gear change would not be suited to your driving, until it learns how you drive.

long story short, no. lol
kiz wrote:
silverGPX wrote:This requires a thread? lol
There's potential for a thread about anything on FTO Australia
oodLes
Mechanic

Post by oodLes »

Just stick it in tip and drive it how you want for a while, I learns constantly from what I've seen with mine, changed the driving style completely after about 2 weeks.

Shouldn't need to reset it.
da_msta_chizz
Grease Monkey

Post by da_msta_chizz »

Ok, thanks..When i get mine i'll just run it in Tiptronic for a few weeks, and see if it Learns my style..
[img]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m389/damstachizz/sunkills.jpg[/img]