VTEC YO!!!!! or mivec y0

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ram
jedwabna poszewka promocja

VTEC YO!!!!! or mivec y0

Post by ram »

hey all

i'm in the market for a new car and i've pretty much narrowed it down to an fto gpx or a civic vti-r

i must admit ive been a honda boy for a long time, and the civic is winning in terms of parts availability and fuel consumption...

... but fto's are hawt!! and that v6 mivec engine seems to be pretty sweet too

so yea ive basically joined to do somemore research on this beast, hopefully i'll have some news to share in the next month or two!

cheers
Rocco
Grease Monkey

Post by Rocco »

Get the mivec yo!If u get the civic u will be satisfied for a while but soon u will be wanting more power.
FTO-279
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

everyone here will tell you to get an FTO ;)
I can see the appeal in a little Civic though, i have actually considered ditching the FTO for a Civic daily driver for fuel consumption ... and as far as looks go, Civic or Mirage is definately my choice for a little car (ruling out a Mini Cooper-S due to cost obviously)

At the end of the day though, the FTO wins out ... just can't bear to ditch such a nice looking car for something pretty average looking & less powerful just to save a few dollars on fuel, I figure its a better idea just to move closer to work & save on fuel that way instead :P

As for parts availability, I have never had any problems locating whatever parts I need, or might need in the future. Even if you have to bring them in from the UK it is usually a lot cheaper than getting them in Aus, but there are enough places here to get parts at short notice (without having to source them from Mitsi) that it is not really too much of an issue. Besides, there are a few people on this site who either have/ can get whatever parts you need for your car.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to get ... insurance is another thing to consider before buying one or the other... just call around for some quotes for each car first ;)