hi to FTO Australia, bit about myself and a new project.

New to FTO's? Or Just new to this forum? Come introduce yourself, we dont bite.

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

boost_lover
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

hi to FTO Australia, bit about myself and a new project.

Post by boost_lover »

Hi Guys, my name is Joey and i love mitsubishi's. All i can say is great site. Very informative. :!:

Bit about my own car. I have a proton satria aka EVL JOE(lets face it, it is a mitsubishi). I converted it turbo in 2001 and AWD back in 2003, but really took drag racing with the car seriously back in 2005. Basically it has been a dad and son project, but i spend all the money and raced the car.

To date my best time is a 10.4@137mph with 300kw atw. This was back in 2007. My car has now 414kw atw, and tying to get a clean pass down WSID without the driveline dying lol. So as you can see, i know a thing or two about mitsubishi's and how to get them going.

Now the reason why i have joined FTO Australia is because my dad has now decided to start a project car. We have decided to make a FTO AWD turbo.

Since deciding to do an FTO a week ago, we have already bought the rear end, a half cut and picking up an fto on the weekend. Im not a regular on forums, so updates will be delayed, but when i do login, ill update you guys.

Before you guys ask for images, i have no idea on how to upload images, so ill inform you the best i can. :D
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Welcome! :thumleft:

Thats a beast of a satria....holy sh*t 414kw atw 8O. Feel fre to post some pics up of it.

In regards to the fto project, it has been thoroughly talked about on here and an AWD has yet to be seen in an fto on these forums. No member has been brave enough...haha.

Keep us updated on your project and post up pics and if you have any questions we will try to help you out.

What half cut have you purchased?
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

well im brave enough lol. when i did the satria, we took the vision of we may lose a car after we chop it up, or gain an awd car.. so we know what has to be done.

evo 4 half cut. Because Meek Automotive has helped me build my engine for the satria, most probably he will rebuild the evo motor when we can.

here is a video of my satria on the dyno. long video thou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bwOTWxMFJs
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

koolio1234 wrote:
In regards to the fto project, it has been thoroughly talked about on here and an AWD has yet to be seen in an fto on these forums. No member has been brave enough...haha.
I have noticed, everywhere you look, ppl are talking about AWD this and AWD that, yet no one has done it yet.. Well im going to do it :twisted: let the games begin.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Ha! :lol:

Sorry if Im cynical, I've heard it a kazillion times.

Anywho, I'd love to do it to mine, I'm running the 2.5l twin turbo & still got the legnum 4WD box it came with in my garage.

What rear floor pan were you going to use? Early Evo?
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

well you can doubt as much as you like.. It is happening. ;)

a lot of ppl question a lot of things, but this is really happening. How about a bet that it is happening.

Im keeping the rear end secret, because no one here is prepared to help me prior with AWDing the FTO. ;) So i sussed it out myself.

My AWD system will be different to your system, but how bout i help you with your system once i have completed mine?
dSin
Apprentice

Post by dSin »

WTTC :)

all the best with the AWD FTO i cant wait to see the progress!

hope to see one soon hey ;)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

boost_lover wrote:well you can doubt as much as you like.. It is happening. ;)

a lot of ppl question a lot of things, but this is really happening. How about a bet that it is happening.

Im keeping the rear end secret, because no one here is prepared to help me prior with AWDing the FTO. ;) So i sussed it out myself.

My AWD system will be different to your system, but how bout i help you with your system once i have completed mine?
I dont doubt that it can be done. Provided you got the cash, im sure you could do it. Im confident you'd go with a evo1-evo3 drivetrain/floorpan. They seem like they would fit.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

hi guys, i have some pictures, but i dont know how to post them up.. :?

it is not costing that much. All the work will be done in the home garage.
EVL JOE Proton Satria
9.33@144mph with 420kw atw

Dads FTO - first 4g63 AWD in oz
Shahrez
Mechanic

Post by Shahrez »

1. register to www.photobucket.com
2. Attach photo's
3. Copy each image's [IMG] link onto here and your good to go.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Or start yourself an album in the gallery. Link to the left of screen ;)
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

hey guys, been a long time since been here. i have a link to a forum i have been with for years. The link shows images of the fto.

Bit of an update. 3 weeks ago in 3 days, we converted the rear end to awd,modifying the rear was a task, but was done. Then engine bay stripped and half cut stripped as well. On Sunday my dad and I finished putting the engine in. Now all that is left is half the electrical and piping. Once this s done, we will be hitting the streets to test it out.

by the way koolio1234, the floor pan is not the same. it was a real b@#ch... a lot of custom mods had to be done.

Enjoy :D

http://www.evocoupe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5250
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

wow, totally missed this thread :o

good luck with it all man ...

definitely something im wanting to do down the track
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Still not sure if this is real or not yet. 8O
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

how real do u want when i supplied a link to photos lol
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

few questions ...

did the engine mounts line up? or did u have to fabricate?

also what did you have to do for the floorpan to fit? ive read that they are a tad long for the fto chassis

does the interior need to be changed in regards to floor consoles and seats?
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

boost_lover wrote:how real do you want when i supplied a link to photos lol
Any chance of under car pictures?
boost_lover
Apprentice

Post by boost_lover »

how about no lol... no offence dude, just i did a lot of research and investigations, asked a few fto guys, and no one would help, so i did the hard yards and hit it myself.

it should be running in october, and ill test it at wsid.. that way fto guys can see it then.
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

...?

Looking through your posts I don't see any asking for advice or help. I have absolutely no doubt that if you actually had of asked for help, it would have been provided via this forum. There is already a wealth of information available in various threads relating to AWD projects, it has just never been put into practice.

I don't understand your reasoning for keeping it to yourself. Seems a little odd to not share your information with a forum dedicated to worshipping the make of car that you're modifying.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah considering when anyone comes here we are all more than helpful. Maybe if you did ask questions and you didnt get answers was because "NOBODY KNEW THE ANSWERS".