FTO in movies...

General Questions and comments

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

yeah its actually a really cool movie :)

its just a shame what he does to the FTO
d_stroy_r
Mechanic

Post by d_stroy_r »

I saw this a long time ago, but i still can't find the movie :cry:

I'll look for it today.....might be lucky.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

ummm, the FTO wasn't racing the GTR on the streets, I assure you... it's only an R32 GTS-T with GTR bodykit (the GTS rear panels were a dead giveaway, and a GTR badge does not make it a GTR) and there is NO WAY an FTO can keep up with the Godzilla... whoever wrote that article was kidding himself...!!

sorry, ppl just think i'm a little bit of a perfectionist, LOL...!!
Austin
Apprentice

Post by Austin »

well actually cause its from a movie, anything is possible! Its not an actually real races, just part of the storey and some 'clever' marketing! Jackie Chan is sponsored by Mistsi. Has a few diff mistsi like an Evo pajero.

Brent
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Actually you'll find that at last count Jackie had over 100 Mistubishi's and that was back in 2000. The pajero he owns is a Paris Dakar rally car, actaully I think he's got two which where used in 'Where am I'. Oh and wasn't there a FTO in 'First Strike' at like a car show and jackie steals it and drives it of a ramp and lands in a boat. Can someon tell me where you can find these two other movies though please, I've wanted to see them for ages but I haven't seen where I can get them.

For all those total car nuts out there are crazy movie called Taxi is on on SBS on Sunday night too, it's a French or italian I think. Think Fast and Furios but in a peugeot 406 taxi.
jester
Grease Monkey

Post by jester »

Hey guys

actually this movie is quite good if your a mitsu fan!!

Its seems to be an original F&F! great car scenes and heaps of stuff that we can relate to!

ive actaully got it on DVD - Excllent quailty!!!
Ive watched it a few times
:lol: !!
Bluntman
Grease Monkey

Post by Bluntman »

if u want to watch the orignal fast and the furious in which hollywood blatently ripped off, hire out the legends of speed, its been on austar a few times, not sure if there is any ftos but its a good movie neways
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

hmmm, somehow i can't seem to find a copy of it anywhere here in chinatown melb... might have to look at the suburbs, LOL...

heard it's really really good too...

oh, and for those who can't get enough of punanis and hot cars, you should check out The Fear Of Speed <-- click here
D-TRAIN
Mechanic

Post by D-TRAIN »

Bluntman wrote:if u want to watch the orignal fast and the furious in which hollywood blatently ripped off, hire out the legends of speed, its been on austar a few times, not sure if there is any ftos but its a good movie neways
Is this the Hong Kong movie about EVOs Vs WRXes? I think that was called Legends of Speed as well if it's not the same one. Cantonese movie originally with Andy Lau (or some famous actor/singer)??? I get'em all mixed up.
GPXXX
Oldtimer

Post by GPXXX »

D-TRAIN wrote:
Bluntman wrote:if u want to watch the orignal fast and the furious in which hollywood blatently ripped off, hire out the legends of speed, its been on austar a few times, not sure if there is any ftos but its a good movie neways
Is this the Hong Kong movie about EVOs Vs WRXes? I think that was called Legends of Speed as well if it's not the same one. Cantonese movie originally with Andy Lau (or some famous actor/singer)??? I get'em all mixed up.
no, not Andy Lau... it's got Ekin Cheng in it (from Storm raiders & Young n' Dangerous gangster series), and yes it; the Evo vs WRX...

Does anybody in Melb have a copy I could borrow?? :D
kaveman
Grease Monkey

Post by kaveman »

jester wrote:Hey guys

actually this movie is quite good if your a mitsu fan!!

Its seems to be an original F&F! great car scenes and heaps of stuff that we can relate to!

ive actaully got it on DVD - Excllent quailty!!!
Ive watched it a few times
:lol: !!
hey jester where did you get this from
smorison
The Godfather

Post by smorison »

haha if your serious a few of the guys have power inverters we can always run this from a car ;) my car's going to be fully of esky's :( so someone else will have to bring tv's and stuff along